Blue Coat Certified Proxy Administrator
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
In the Blue Coat Certified Proxy Administrator (BCCPA) course, intended for participants who wish to master the fundamentals of Blue Coat Proxy SG, you will learn the major functions of the Proxy SG, how they work, how to administer them, and how the Proxy SG interfaces with other Blue Coat products. You will learn key concepts of network security and wide-area network (WAN) optimization and how to get service and support from Blue Coat.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the major Secure Web Gateway functions of the Proxy SG.
- Describe the role of the Proxy SG as it relates to other Blue Coat products as part of a complete security solution.
- Configure a Proxy SG and place it into live service.
- Administer the major Secure Web Gateway functions of the Proxy SG.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the Proxy SG and decide when it is appropriate to open a service request.
- Introduction to the Proxy SG
- Proxy SG Security Deployments
- Proxy SG Initial security Configuration
- Proxy SG Management Console
- Proxy SG Security Licensing
- Proxy SG Services
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- Introduction to Visual Policy Manager
- Content Filtering and Web Pulse
- Managing Downloads
- Authenticating users on the Proxy SG
- Authenticating Realms
- Authentication with Transparent Proxy
- Exceptions and Notifications
- Access Logging
- Managing SSL Traffic
- Basic Troubleshooting
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
IT network or security professionals who wish to master the fundamentals of Blue Coat products with a focus on network security and who have not taken any previous Blue Coat training courses