Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Aspiring Board members, Non-Executive Directors or senior executives who view Board level position as their next step. The programme is equally applicable to existing Board members who wish to improve their corporate governance skills.
About the course
"Corporate governance is a set of policies, processes and structures used by the organisation to direct and control its activities, achieve its objectives, and protect the interests of its diverse stakeholder groups.” IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors).
In this two day programme we use theatre re-enactment to help aspiring Board Directors, Board Executives and Non-Executive Directors develop their understanding of the procedures and the tacit knowledge and capabilities critical to successful board level engagement. Through an authentic simulation that brings to life real boardroom issues the programme gives participants the opportunity to develop their expertise in real time within a risk free environment.
- The context of corporate governance
- Experience sharing
- Playing a hostile takeover
- Strategy making process
- Problem resolution process
- Playing and improving the problem resolution I
- Playing and improving the problem resolution II
Conclusion and further directions
How will I benefit?
- Gain essential set of tools needed for successful board level discussions.
- Experience tackling real life issues in authentic simulation, practising the skills acquired in a risk free environment.
- Understand the importance of relationships and behaviours at board level
- Improved corporate governance skills, with a focus on board meeting simulation.
How will my organisation benefit?
- Increased understanding of corporate governance and polices.
- More efficient and productive board meetings, with board members equipped to make meaningful contributions.