Behavioral Interviewing: Building a Consistent Framework and Process
Behavioral Interviewing means asking candidates questions that will help you to discover how the interviewee acted in specific employment-related situations. Because past performance is a good indicator of how someone will act in the future, this style of interviewing is extremely useful, and the method of choice for recruiting teams.
In this session, you will learn about behavioral vs. traditional interviewing, and how you can incorporate and develop your interviewing skills to ensure that you have the right candidate for the job.
Participants will be able to:
- Build a consistent framework and process to ensure an unbiased candidate experience;
- Choose job specifications and determine how success will be measured (skills);
- Identify characteristics and qualities that will support the required skills;
- Prepare questions to elicit descriptions of behaviors, attitudes, and skills necessary for the job;
- Review legal and appropriate interviewing etiquette/guidelines, including social media research;
- Screen candidates, using resumes and phone interviews; and
- Conduct successful role-play Behavioral Interviews in class.
Classes will include:
- Workbooks for future reference and study.
- Workshop / role play with actual interview scenarios to assist in internalizing data.
- Time for individual questions and concerns to aid in personalizing tactics.
Format—Behavioral Interviewing – Building a Consistent Framework and Process is an 8-hour class for up to 10 people.
Effective Interviewing (HR241)
Interviewing is an art, as well as a science. Planning for the interview, accurately observing behaviors, using judgment appropriately and making informed thoughtful decisions are key aspects to selecting the right candidate for the right job at the right time.
Participants will learn how to apply skills such as, questioning, communication, judgment and decision making to reach optimal outcomes for the business and candidates. This one-day skill building workshop will provide you with opportunities to practice and perfect your interviewing techniques and give you confidence to:
- Plan for an effective interview
- Identify job requirements with the hiring manager
- Conduct a thorough and objective interview
- Use effective questioning techniques
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws
- Interviewing process, from planning to selection
- Eliminating bias
- Building a positive interview climate
- Complying with legal requirements
- Behavioral based interviewing techniques
- Candidate assessment
- Candidate analysis and decision making
- Promoting the position and organization
Who should attend
HR and staffing professionals, or managers who interview job candidates and who need an organized approach to conducting interviews while improving their interviewing skills