About the course
Leaders are challenged to not only recruit and select top talent but also to retain their best in an environment of uncertainty and change. As 'A players' search for the best companies - and continually hone their resumes - a key strategy to retain them is to fully engage them. This session will share the state of engagement in today's workplaces including how each generation views work and their place in it. Strategies and techniques will include enhancing your leadership acumen, building effective and trusting teams, engaging all generations of employees by understanding their needs and maintaining your personal resilience to be the very best leader that you can be.
Embracing the leadership challenge
- What true engagement looks like
- Factors that affect engagement
- Leadership that is required
Understanding the generational cohorts
- How each generation views work
- Millennials rising
- Closing the generational leadership gap
- Techniques to leverage generations
Building your leadership acumen
- Assessing your core strengths
- Taking a pulse on engagement
- Utilizing leadership best practices
- Job aids to enhance your leadership
Building and sustaining effective teams
- Lencioni's five behaviors of an effective team
- Developing trust within your team
- Team-building tools for application
Keeping yourself resilient
- Your response to change and uncertainty
- Knowing when your tank needs refueling
- Weighing in on your team's stamina
- Techniques to de-stress and unwind
Dr. Jan Ferri-Reed is a seasoned consultant and President of KEYGroup®, a 33-year international speaking, training and assessment firm. She is co-author of Keeping the Millennials: Why Companies are Losing Billions in Turnover to This Generation and What To Do About It, and author of Millennials ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.