Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Managers and financial decision makers, whose techniques of decision making and risk analysis will be improved through attendance
- Professionals acting upon the financial decisions of others, who will gain an appreciation for decision making thereby ensuring shared values within the organization
- Those with an interest in finance or aspirations to work in finance
About the course
In an increasingly competitive, volatile and global marketplace, Risk Management and Corporate Governance are becoming increasingly important, if not essential. The world banking crisis and cases such as Enron emphasise the dangers of failing to manage and control risks. In this programme you will study how to:
- Implement sound Corporate Governance within your organisation
- Identify and measure the Financial Risk facing your organisation
- Develop a Risk Management strategy
- Implement Risk Management techniques to reduce risk and maximise return
- Use and manage Derivatives to manage risk
## Course Objectives
- Develop an appreciation for the need of Corporate Governance and Risk Management strategies within the organization which participants will then take back to their workplace
- Enable participants to contribute to the effective development and implementation of Corporate Governance Models within their organization
- Develop essential skills to identify and measure financial risk
- Develop the skills necessary to manage financial risk effectively
- Improve the decision making skills
- Increase awareness and understanding of current international issues
## Course Outline
- What is Corporate Governance?
- Why do we need Corporate Governance?
- Globalization & International Accounting Diversity
- Agency Theory
- Creative Accounting
- Enron, WorldCom, Madorf, the Banking Crisis
- How to govern – Corporate Governance Models
- The role of Auditors (Internal & External)
- Board Members
- Risk Management Committees
- Implementing the Corporate Governance model
- Emerging trends in Corporate Governance
- Risk Management as an integral part of Corporate Governance
Financial Risk Management
- What is Financial Risk Management?
- Identifying the major financial risks
- Measuring risk using Qualitative and Qualitative Models
- Developing a Financial Risk Management strategy
- Implementing the Financial Risk Management strategy
- An overview of the Risk Management and Hedging Techniques
Derivatives - Risk Management Tool or Risk?
- An Overview of Derivatives – markets, instruments and volatility
- Forwards & FRA’s
- Evaluating Derivatives – Risk or Risk Management Tool?
Managing Risk in Practice 1 - Case Study and Simulation Analysis
- Treasury Management – establishing the case for a Treasury Department
- Portfolio Theory – developing an efficient portfolio
- Market/Investment Risk and the Role of Analysts
- Liquidity Risk Management
- Financial Engineering
- Credit Risk Management and the Role of Credit Rating Agencies
Managing Risk in Practice 2 - Case Study and Simulation Analysis
- Market Volatility – Exchange Rate, Oil Prices, Interest Rates, Property
- Exchange Rate Risk Management
- Commodity Risk Management, eg: Oil price volatility
- Interest Rate Risk Management
- Off Balance Sheet Risk Management
- Reporting the Risk Management Strategy and Performance in the Published Reports and Accounts
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.