Who should attend
This course is intended for Managers, Engineers, Chemists, and operators who need to understand water related problems in oil and gas production and their solutions.
About the course
This course provides an overview of the main water handling systems typically encountered in upstream (E&P) production operations, both onshore and offshore. The chemistry of the main water related problems of mineral scales, corrosion, bacteria, and oily water will be reviewed both from the theoretical and practical aspects. Produced water treatment equipment and typical water quality specifications will be reviewed as well as water injection and disposal systems. An exercise will be given to identify typical system problems and you will be able to apply the knowledge you gained to propose solutions. Emphasis will be placed on understanding and resolving operational problems in process equipment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand and learn the basics of oilfield water chemistry
- Monitor and control corrosion, scale, and bacterial growth in produced water and water injection/disposal systems
- Implement system surveillance programs to detect potential problems before system damage occurs
- Produced (oily) water treatment options and related treatment equipment
- Use the knowledge gained to identify typical system problems and be able to propose solutions
- Water chemistry fundamentals
- Water sampling and analysis
- Water formed scales
- Corrosion control
- Water treatment microbiology
- Produced water discharge/disposal and treatment principles
- Produced water treating equipment –theory of operation, advantages and disadvantages, and the importance of oil droplet size
- Water injection and disposal systems – theory of operation, corrosion, scale, and biological control
- Case study
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.