Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for engineers, supervisors, senior technicians and technicians
About the course
Towards the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
- Apply an in-depth knowledge on CompEx installation, maintenance and inspection for equipment in hazardous areas classification
- Identify the requirements for inspection, maintenance and repair of explosion protected equipments
- Select electrical equipments in hazardous areas and identify the types of protections
- Apply proper precautions to be taken during dismantling and reassembly of the equipment
- Recognize the environmental conditions including corrosion, ingress of water, accumulation of dust, etc.
- Familiarize the design of EX Equipment and carryout the correct inspection
- Discuss the wiring system, enclosure entries, cable glanding and earthing
- Recognize the inspection maintenance requirements of IEC/EN 60079-17
- Familiarize with the particular techniques to be employed in the selection and erection of equipment referred to in IEC/EN 60079-14
- Use and produce installation records including the production of job reports to the user
- Employ practical skills for the preparation and installation of relevant concepts of protection
- Discuss earthing, bonding and their importance as well as employ proper selection of EX equipment
- Electrical Equipment Selection in Hazardous Areas and Types of Protections
- Precautions to be Taken During Dismantling and Reassembly of the Equipment
- Understanding of Environmental Conditions
- Ingress of Water
- Accumulation of Dust, Etc.
- Familiarity of the Design of EX Equipment
- Inspection of EX equipment
- Understanding the Wiring System, Enclosure Entries, Cable Glanding and Earthing
- General Understanding of Inspection and Maintenance Requirements of IEC/EN 60079-17
- Familiarity with the Particular Techniques to be Employed in the Selection and Erection of Equipment Referred to in IEC/EN 60079-14
- Using and Production of Installation Records and Production of Job Reports to the User
- Practical Skills Necessary for the Preparation and Installation of Relevant Concepts of Protection
- Hands on Training
- Selection of EX Equipment
- Earthing and Bonding and Their Importance
- Presentation of Course Certificates
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.