Airport Executive Leadership Program
Where leaders convene
Are you a CEO, Deputy CEO, or vice-president of an airport operating organization? Are you ready to take your career to the highest level?
If so, the Airport Executive Leadership Program (AELP) is your ticket.
Your boarding pass to an exclusive club of international airport professionals.
The AELP – the first of its kind – is where industry game changers and thought leaders come together. Many AELP graduates have moved on to top positions at their organizations.
The Airports Council International (ACI) and the John Molson Executive Centre have partnered to create the AELP to give aviation executives the opportunity to heighten their leadership and strategic management skills.
Here’s what you need to know
- Learning is hands-on. You’ll address and solve real-world and ever-shifting global industry challenges.
- A combination of in-person and on-line learning over eight weeks accommodates your busy work schedule.
- You will have singular access to an expert group of airport CEOs as a resource.
- Admission requires letters of recommendation and motivation.
- Graduates receive a joint ACI/JMSB-Concordia University certificate.
This program aims to develop airport industry leaders and to advance the professionalism of airport management practices. During the first three weeks of part-time online learning, participants will post an introductory message and take a personality type questionnaire. They will identify strategic challenges facing their respective organizations, read articles on contemporary leadership theory and complete an individual assignment.
Foster the development of airport industry leaders, assisting them to develop their leadership and strategic management skills Create a global forum for future leaders to network with peers Provide participants with:
- Advice on strategies to handle leadership responsibilities in an effective manner
- Global, regional and cultural perspectives
- New professional opportunities
- Three-week, on-line introduction, initiation and discussions.
- Six-day intensive in-person classroom component; leadership will be analyzed from different perspectives on organizational, managerial and team l levels. Leadership as a basis for transformation, innovation and change will also be discussed.
- One-week recess.
- Four-week on-line session built on the issues addressed in the classroom week and mainly focused on problem-based activities (individual and group assignments)
Who should attend
Ideal candidates include:
- Future CEOs
- Deputy CEOs
- Vice-Presidents of airport operating organizations