Who should attend
Team members including quality analysts and engineers, software test leads and testers, software quality and testing managers, software project managers, software engineering managers, business analysts, software development managers, IT managers and programmers/developers who want to learn the goals of Agile and implement and monitor testing in the high-speed Agile testing environment.
About the course
Transition sound traditional test practices into an Agile environment to strengthen product quality, process improvement and test confidence.
YOUR IMMEDIATE TAKEAWAY
- Examine the concept of pair testing
- Build a sense of common purpose, solidify team relationships
- Add value to your organization with high-speed test delivery
This online training will introduce you to high-speed methods and explore their use. You will listen to your instructor discuss transition, roles, methods and technologies that can be relied upon to deliver optimum flexibility and reliability. Traditional approaches become a barrier under new development methods and place pressure on the test team to compromise. Building on traditional risk-based test practice, incremental delivery is the latest challenge. Right at your desktop, you will compare traditional methods against Agile testing, discover changes you want to make and new roles to adopt. You will learn to transition to Agile testing practices across the entire release cycle. And immediately step from your online virtual session back to the office with newfound confidence and enthusiasm.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand how to transition traditional testing methods to an Agile approach
- Adapt traditional test methods based on a changing development context
- Address risk as a foundation for project delivery and use to focus resources
- Apply just-in-time and late-as-possible techniques for creating efficient workflow
- Estimate test effort as an integrated part of Agile project estimates
- Appreciate the role of automation as an expedient support tool
- Find out how the Agile team role challenges traditional, end-stage service delivery
- Track and manage testing resources across the entire development team using low-cost, highly effective tools
- Utilize skeletal design to form a framework for test suite development, management and regression testing
- Ensure regression test capabilities arise from the Agile testing enterprise
- Discover how collaborative delivery makes sense
- Improve your requisite skill sets to become truly adaptable and agile
- Recover defect costs by knowing where to farm for errors or the absence of errors
- Build speed and flexibility into various project development scenarios, not just Agile projects
What You Will Cover
- Understanding the key differences between traditional and Agile testing practices
- Developing a transition plan to move into Agile testing
- Constructing a lean testing framework to expedite Agile delivery
- Operating in a time-constrained development cycle without losing testable value
- Developing iteration 0 test plans that guide test-design development
- Using high-speed test methods to support story-based testing
- Capitalizing on test development through use and reuse management
- Integrating team testing into Agile projects
- Building lean test artifacts for regression testware
- Engaging stakeholders in quality tradeoff decision-making
- Coaching story card contributors in test-case construction
- Gaining exposure to automation support opportunities
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.