This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This workshop concentrates on how to develop and administer acceptable affirmative action programs (AAP) and how to handle a compliance audit by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). You will learn:
- The legal meaning of affirmative action
- The components of AAP
- Practical aspects of implementing an AAP
- Preparing for an OFCCP compliance review
What is affirmative action?
- Understanding Executive Order 11246, the Rehabilitation Act, and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act
- Who is a government contractor?
- Implications of the current affirmative action debate
The basic requirements of an AAP
- Understanding the elements of an AAP
- Current OFCCP issues and concerns
- Establishing placement goals
- Establishing reporting and monitoring systems
Implementing the AAP
- Dealing with AA goals during downsizing
- Confidentiality issues
- Developing unique action-oriented AA programs
- Maintaining applicant flow data
The compliance review process
- Types of compliance evaluations
- Preparing for an evaluation
- The do's and don'ts of on-site evaluations
- Understanding the off-site analysis phase
- Strategies for negotiating and resolving audit issues with the OFCCP
- Discussion of the latest OFCCP regulations
- Practical tips from a panel of experts
- Extensive case-study practice
- Coverage of 2000 Affirmative Action Regulations
Who should attend
Affirmative action professionals responsible for AA compliance
Trust the experts
John Herbert specializes in employment, labor, government contractor and business law. He has held senior legal and business roles with global Fortune 50 companies in their legal and business department since the late 1970’s. He currently heads up a major Northeast U.S. law firm that focuses on e...
Linda Cavanna-Wilk focuses her practice on affirmative action, EEO compliance and diversity. She is involved with affirmative action plan preparation, routine advice and counsel, client representation during OFCCP audits, mock audits, diversity programs and compensation analyses. Additionally, L...