This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This course examines in detail the mathematical basis for well test interpretation, starting with the concept of an ideal reservoir model and the partial differential equations used to describe single-phase and multi-phase flow in porous media. It discusses the use of dimensionless variables and type curves in pressure transient analysis, and describes interpretation methods for anisotropic, heterogeneous and multi-phase reservoirs.
It also provides an overview of computer applications in pressure transient analysis, discusses specialized well testing procedures and their applications, and describes mathematical tools used in pressure transient analysis, including Transformations, applications of the Superposition Principle, Convolution/Deconvolution Methods, and Pressure Derivative Analysis.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- To empower participants with the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for analyzing pressure transient tests that are commonly used by the petroleum industry to cover oil and gas; fractured and non-fractured; homogeneous and heterogeneous reservoirs as well as multi layered wells with and without cross flow, production and injection wells, and vertical, slanted and horizontal wells.
- Participants will be able to design pressure transient tests in order to achieve specific test objectives accurately and use the pressure data in reservoir characterization and in understanding reservoir performance.
- Pressure Transient Testing: Overview
- Differential Flow Equations for Pressure Transient Analysis
- Dimensionless Variables and Their Applications
- Type Curves
- Pressure Transient Analysis in Anisotropic Reservoirs
- Pressure Transient Analysis in Heterogeneous Reservoirs
- Pressure Transient Analysis in Multi-Phase Reservoirs
- Pressure Transient Analysis-Computer Applications
- Pressure Transient Analysis-Specialized Well Testing Techniques
- Pressure Transient Analysis-Mathematical Tools
- Advanced Pressure Transient Analysis: References and Additional Information
- Well Testing Nomenclature and Systems of Units
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is intended for mid to senior level engineers and engineering managers.