Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for all Well and Senior Petroleum Engineers, Drilling and senior drilling supervisors, Reservoir and senior reservoir engineers, Geologists, Production and completion engineers and supervisors needing a practical understanding and an appreciation of well completion design and operation, well stimulation and work over planning.
About the course
This five-day course is primarily designed for drilling, production and completion engineers and supervisors needing a practical understanding and an appreciation of well completion design and operation, well stimulation and work over planning. It explains how completion configurations are varied to meet well objectives and to maximize well productivity. Design concepts and methods are presented together with downhole tools and their selection criteria.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Know the planning essentials prior to drilling and well completion procedures according to the principles of well completion design
- Develop the tubing performance curve and optimization of tubing dimensions for maximum by recognizing the methods of interval selection consideration and optimization of tubing dimensions for maximum productions
- Familiarize with the use of different subsurface completion equipment’s and accessories in relation to the selection consideration of packers and packer settings
- Operate the well head equipment’s properly such as geometries and dimensions casing and tubing hangers
- Identify the different special consideration for horizontal and multilateral completions on wellbore, tubing and casing configuration
- Learn the components of perforation of oil and gas wells such as completion fishing operations, well stimulation and fracturing, well testing, and well integrity
- Characterize the various procedures of communication tests
- Understand the process of wireline operations
- Detail the elements of reservoir stimulation and be able to increase the knowledge in understanding of stress and rock properties involved in the simulation techniques
- Main Factors Influencing Completion Design
- Major Types of Completion Configurations
- General Overview of NODAL Analysis
- Overall Approach to a Well’s Flow Capacity
- Smart Completion Hardware Description and Design
- Main Phases in Completion
- Drilling and Casing the Pay Zone
- Evaluating and Restoring the Cement Job
- The Production Wellhead
- The Production String or Tubing
- Downhole Equipment
- Subsurface Safety Valves
- Running Procedure
- Artificial Lift: Pumping
- Main Types of Well Servicing and Workover
- Light Well Servicing and Workover Operations on Live Wells
- Heavy Servicing and Workover Operations on Live Wells
- Servicing & Workover
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.