Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Rising marketing executives and marketing directors of large organizations
- Senior-level executives of smaller organizations
- Executives from marketing management, marketing strategy, brand management, marketing communications, digital marketing and sales areas
- Managers with responsibility for demand generation and revenue management
About the course
Enhancing digital capabilities to drive your marketing strategy
As new marketing capabilities rapidly emerge and best practices evolve at an unprecedented pace, today’s organizations must work tirelessly to stay on the leading edge. Marketing executives must continually evaluate new opportunities, identify priorities and communicate their vision and results across the organization.
In marketing-driven companies, rising mid-career executives face the greatest challenge: leading a younger generation of digital natives while reporting to a well-informed C-suite with high expectations for marketing management.
Designed by senior members of Kellogg’s renowned marketing faculty and former CMOs of leading organizations, this program builds participants’ understanding of the fast-evolving marketing environment and digital capabilities. After attending this program, you will be equipped to translate high-level aspirations into tangible marketing initiatives – and lead those initiatives successfully through a multi-level team.
- Lead marketing innovation, evolution, and transformation across multiple levels of the organization
- Enhance understanding of key evolving marketing challenges and opportunities
- Develop operational priorities together with C-level leaders
- Create and lead team-level initiatives that deliver results
- Engage in individual coaching sessions with program faculty to learn how to apply the material to your individual situation
This program is structured around critical challenges facing marketers today:
Changing Business Models and Tools
- Apply AI concepts to marketing challenges
- Assemble data-driven marketing systems to improve decision making
- Implement new revenue models and management to drive growth
New Approaches to Customer Insight
- Apply Customer Experience and Design Thinking processes to find new ways to create value
- Move from segmentation to personalization to optimize individual relationships
- Develop customer personas and the customer journey to understand key marketing moments
- Establish customer experience (CX) synergies and balance between employees, customers and shareholders
The Digital Transformation
- Build on the mobile revolution to include location and frequency of customer interactions in marketing initiatives
- Apply digital marketing analytics to optimize efforts across channels and platforms
Leading the Integration of Digital and Traditional Marketing
- Maintain brand positioning in an omni-channel world
- Design, form and manage alliances to establish growth plans
Dr. Rucker joined the Kellogg marketing department in Fall of 2005. Currently, Dr. Rucker holds the Sandy & Morton Goldman Professorship of Entrepreneurial Studies in Marketing. His primary research focuses broadly on the topics of power, compensatory consumption, persuasion, and consumer beh...
Jonathan Copulsky has worked at the intersection of brand, marketing, publishing and technology for over thirty years as a senior marketing executive and management consultant. Jonathan is currently a Senior Principal with Deloitte Consulting and serves as Global Insights Leader for Deloitte. J...
Thomas F. O'Toole is Clinical Professor of Marketing and Senior Fellow at the Kellogg School of Management of Northwestern University. At Kellogg, he is engaged in advancing the development, practice and teaching of subjects including: the development and use of data analytics for business advanc...
John Parker is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Executive Education and Senior Academic Director at Kellogg, teaching Digital Marketing and other customer-related topics. He is currently leading a new initiative to develop and implement Kellogg ExecEd's digital distance learning strategy, beginn...
A scholar, speaker, entrepreneur, and pastor, Dr. Nicholas Pearce (@napphd) serves as an award-winning Clinical Professor of Management & Organizations at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management and as the founder and chief executive officer of The Vocati Group, a boutique glob...
David Schonthal is a Clinical Associate Professor of Innovation & Entrepreneurship at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, where he teaches courses in new venture creation, design thinking, innovation and creativity. He also serves as the faculty director of Kellogg's Zell ...
Joel Shapiro, JD, PhD, is clinical associate professor of data analytics. Joel is an expert on helping business leaders and organizations generate business value by building and scaling enterprise-wide analytics strategies that achieve important business goals. With a laser focus on building re...
Jim Lecinski is a Clinical Associate Professor of Marketing at Kellogg where he teaches Marketing Strategy and Omni-Channel Marketing Distribution Strategy. Prior to coming to Kellogg he spent 30 years in the marketing industry, most recently twelve years at Google, where he was Vice President o...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.