Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome.
About the course
This course examines the conceptual framework for the evolution and delivery of contemporary human resource management. It takes into account shifting values and priorities of employees and managers and their impact on changes in the workplace. Specifically the program looks at the changing roles, values, and skill and knowledge requirements from the perspective of human resources practitioners- employees and managers alike.
Course at a glance
- Fully online course, accessible through eClass, the University of Alberta’s eLearning management tool.
- Learn through lectures and lively discussions, as you broaden your network and apply the course content to the context of your own work or organization and explore its implications for your professional practice.
- Explore topics such as HR work requirements, key areas of HR Service, HR service delivery, leadership and management, communication, technology in HR, and HR strategic planning.
- Aimed at emerging to mid-career individuals looking to advance in their career in the area of human resources or in supervisory positions. It will be of special interest, among others, to HR practitioners, managers, supervisors, and training coordinators.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate a broader understanding of human resources.
- Be a stronger HR practitioner in the workplace.
- Determine various levels of HR service to effectively provide HR services for your workplace.
- Contribute to employees’ success and engagement in the workplace, by implementing an employee life-cycle model.
- Display stronger leadership and communication skills.
- Discuss leading trends in HR.
- This is a graded course; assessment activities may include exams, projects, presentations, journals, or research papers.
- Refer to the course syllabus for details on activities and assignments.
- All required learning materials are provided through eClass at no additional cost.
Darryl Rubis is an HR and recruitment consultant with over 25 years of experience working in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. His practical experience is combined with a solid educational base, as he holds a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Alberta and a Master’s Degree from Q...
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.