Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for all geologists, geophysicists, petroleum, reservoir, drilling engineers with a basic knowledge of well design principles.
About the course
This five-day course will take participants through a comprehensive look at the functions of drilling fluids systems. It will address how to engineer a mud system, as well as cover water based, oil based, and synthetic mud systems.
A lab visit can also be arranged depending on location and availability
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Learn about the functions of drilling fluids and the composition of water based mud
- Learn about oil and synthetic based mud products and systems
- Learn about lost circulation and stuck pipe problems and solutions
- Learn about hole cleaning, hydraulics calculations, real time measurements, and reservoir drill-in fluid systems
BASICS OF DRILLING FLUIDS
- Functions of drilling fluids
- Composition of water based mud
- Clay chemistry
WATER BASED & OIL BASED MUD SYSTEMS
- Products and systems
- High performance WBM
- Oil and synthetic based mud products and systems
SYSTEM CIRCULATION AND PIPE PROBLEMS
- Lost circulation
- Stuck pipe problems
- HPHT challenges
- HPHT applications and systems
- Hole cleaning
- Virtual hydraulics and real time measurements
- Reservoir drill-in fluid system
- Completions fluid
- Well clean up and displacement procedures
EQUIPMENT AND FUTURE TECHNOLOGIES
- Solid control equipment
- Emerging technologies
- Course review and wrap up
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.