About the course
Coaching for Human Capital Advantage
The Advanced Coach Intensive is the final 5 days of The Columbia Coaching Certification Program. It wraps up the 8-month program with more advanced coach training, written and oral evaluations, individuals' project presentations and reflection of the C3P journey. The key benefits are as follows:
- ESTABLISH Establish internal and external partnerships to ensure coaching systems and processes are contextually relevant, laser beam focused on individual and organizational needs, and generate measurable outcomes and results.
- DESIGN Design coaching with other core organizational "people practices" (e.g., performance management, succession planning and business priorities).
- ADAPT Adapt coaching approaches and strategies to meet the unique needs of specific populations.
- DEFINE Define a coaching code of ethical conduct, accountability standards and performance metrics and indicators.
- EXPAND Expand conflict resolution, negotiation and influence skills needed to address the resistance, objectives and multiple perspectives associated with successfully implementing the coaching process.
This Intensive builds on the knowledge and skills gained during either the External Coach Intensive or the Internal Coach Intensive and through the coaching practicum, with an emphasis on building effective partnerships between internal and external coaches.
After a review of ethical guidelines, professional standards, code of conduct and coaching competencies, this Intensive focuses on a variety of advanced coaching interventions, including:
- Preparing Managers and Leaders for Coaching;
- Assessing Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Coaching;
- Integrating Appreciative Inquiry to Coaching Processes to Foster Individual and Organizational Development;
- Coaching and Critical Thinking;
- Coaching, Organizational Change and Performance;
- Assessing, Measurement and Evaluation of Coaching Programs and Processes
- (Coaching ROI); and
- Expanding coaching impact through peer coaching and group coaching.
Dr. Terrence E. Maltbia is a seasoned professional with over 30 years of diverse experience as an external and internal organizational effectiveness consultant, thought leader and educator. Dr. Maltbia came to Teachers College after two years of running his own consulting practice, Organizational...
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.