Who should attend
This programme is designed for:
- General managers of medium-sized companies
- Senior divisional managers in large corporations
- Senior functional managers especially in the areas of strategy, organisational development and HR
- Consultants advising on issues of strategy, transformation and organisational design
- Senior managers and leaders in public sector and third sector organisations facing disruptive changes in their environments
About the course
Is your business sufficiently agile to move fast in today’s uncertain world? Get future-proof with the tools to embed agility into your strategic thinking.
Understand what agility looks like in your context
A nimble organisation is the organisation of tomorrow. Not all agile organisations look the same but all share a focus on flexibility and creativity.
Good for you
- Understand what agility means in different contexts and which kinds of agility are relevant to your organisation
- Apply tools and frameworks to boost your organisation’s agility
- Know which tools and frameworks apply in each context
- Diagnose the challenges your organisation may have and overcome them with bold, blue-sky solutions.
Good for your organization
- Cut through the noise. Inflexible organisations are failing organisations. History is littered with businesses that were at times highly agile but lost their hold on that elusive quality
- Highly contextual. What does agility mean for your organisation? Understand the right frameworks and select the tools for your business
- Practical takeaways. How do theory, research and principles translate in reality? This programme will give you grounded, actionable takeaways that are highly relevant to your context.
Identify the right interventions for you
Unpack the buzzwords and discover a wealth of actionable insights
What you learn
- What strategic agility is and what it means in different contexts. Through the diagnostic questionnaire and application exercises, participants work on their own organisations as ‘live cases’ to discuss with their peers and faculty.
- Why organisations become sclerotic and the role of success in this process.
- How to foster strategic agility in management processes and broad organisational design.
- How senior executives and parent companies affect strategic agility.
How you learn
A blend of self-directed, peer-to-peer, facilitated and live faculty sessions build together to give you a dynamic insight into strategic agility in all its guises and contexts.
- Blend of live interactive sessions with world-class faculty and learning managers and self-directed learning in a flexible format that fits around your lifestyle.
- Global online cohort: connect and share with your peers through networking rooms and breakout rooms for personal coaching and workshops.
- Create a personal action plan: apply the concepts and frameworks to your own context and develop your personal action plan with the support of your Learning Manager.
- Live sessions are recorded: view them again at any time during the programme.
The Ignite Series
Spark new thinking with some of the brightest minds in a short and practical live online and interactive programme. Highly topical, relevant and incisive, you’ll get accelerated learning at its best, through a blend of peer-to-peer learning, self-directed activities and interactive live faculty sessions.
Adjunct Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship MA (Oxford), MBA (Harvard) Marcus Alexander is an expert on the relationship between individual business units and the 'corporate parent'; and on the management of multi-business groups, especially in international contexts. His research focus...
Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Academic Director of the Deloitte Institute BSc (University of Durham), PhD and MBA (Richard Ivey School of Business, Western University, Canada) Professor Julian Birkinshaw was ranked 39th in the 2013 Thinkers50 list of the top global management thin...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.