Who should attend
Highly appropriate for sales managers, account managers, sales executives and any other specialists tasked with the management of long- cycle sales involving multiple influencers/decision makers, strong competitive activity and a perceived risk for the customer of making the wrong decision.
About the course
The program is aimed at individuals and/or teams that need the right mix of skills, processes and tools to win more opportunities. Built around a business simulation that recreates a competitive sales opportunity, delegates compete to devise and execute strategies and tactics that win the deal. Ultimately, it’s what delegates do face-to-face that wins or loses them the business - just as in real life.
To give you:
- practical techniques with which to understand and influence the customer’s decision drivers: reinforcing the needs you can meet and redefining the ones you can’t
- tools for analyzing and handling the competition by maximizing your differentiators and minimizing theirs
- mapping for the DMU, showing who to speak with, in what order and about what issues
- the means to record where you are in the opportunity, plan what to do next and develop tactics to do it
- Methods for preventing losses late in the sales cycle.
## Course Objectives
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Create better access to the real decision makers and better verbalize their value proposition and business case
- Be able to describe the psychology of customer needs
- Navigate the DMU more effectively
- Demonstrate a proactive win strategy and be better prepared to handle the competition
- Describe their progress in the opportunity with clearer objectives around what to do next
- Pre-handle and manage late-cycle concerns
## Course Outline
The Buying Cycle
- The psychology of complex buying behaviour.
Account Entry Strategy
- How to map the decision making unit so that you are talking with the right people, at the right time, about the right issues.
How customers arrive at the decision criteria they use.
How to influence the criteria in your favour.
Principles of competitive advantage and ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ differentiators.
Buying criteria – how customers evaluate competitive offerings and how you can influence their Decision Guidelines in your favour.
Customer concerns about risk
Why sales stall close to the decision.
Why selling skills don’t help you at this stage.
How to resolve concerns to your advantage.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.