Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.Full disclaimer.
About the course
In the modern era, leadership has moved beyond the professional running of an organization. In today’s volatile, chaotic, complex and networked society where external business partners are growing and gradually outnumbering internal employees, leaders need to bring new levels of expertise, credibility, trust and values that go toward the strengthening of professional human relationships. Modern leadership demands a broader appreciation that we are part of a complicated interconnected “network age” that needs a greatly increased interdependence among individuals, organizations, as well as nations.
As a consequence of this enhanced interdependence, individuals and organizations will naturally compete with one another. Modern leadership recognizes the need for rivals to move beyond competition and actively cooperate with others, whether as members of teams or as parties to strategic alliances. The trend towards forming strategic alliances is increasingly seen, especially in global industries such as airline, automotive manufacturing, telecommunications and pharmaceuticals.
By believing in goals that benefit not only themselves but others as well, visionary leaders can create such an atmosphere of cooperation. People want to work for a cause, not just for a living, which implies our existence, work or otherwise, serves a useful purpose and has value. Hence, the first question a leader should ask, in consultation with the stakeholders, is “Who do we intend to be?’ and not “What are we going to do?”
The programme aims to achieve the following:
- To help the individuals in their leadership journey through Self-renewal by taking a pause, reflection, and by bringing about enhanced levels of self-awareness leading to growing their Leadership potential & personal growth;
- Changing paradigms of leadership: What the new age leader must do by adapting and learning a new set of competencies, bringing about the necessary Leadership Shifts/Agility;
- To provide mechanisms, tools & learn the process of coaching for enhancing /accelerate the leadership mastery;
- To enhance Coaching Skills by sharpening the various dimensions of Coaching Mastery.
- Changing Paradigms of Leadership in the New Age including Critical Thinking and Managing Paradox
- Applying Positive Psychology and Positive Psychological Capital
- Coaching Models & Framework
- Coaching Skills Practice
- Creating a Coaching Culture in Organizations
- Reflection and Action Planning
Who should attend
Participants, CEOs/CXOs oraspiring CXOs/Business Leader who want to leverage the prog for Aceelerating their Leadership journey.
Trust the experts
Gopal P Mahapatra
Gopal P Mahapatra is a Professor of Practice, OB & HRM at IIM, Bangalore. Prior to this he was a Professor of Practice, OB & HRM at IIM, Indore . He has thirty plus years of corporate, consulting and academic experience in leading: Organisational Transformation, Talent and Leadership Deve...