Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
If you are a manager with a technical, scientific or specialist background, this is the perfect programme for you. The 5-Day Mini MBA of MCE is the perfect programme for managers with non-managerial backgrounds that want to boost their career and become a great “All-Round Manager”. Typical participants are production engineers, R&D engineers, finance managers, sales executives, marketing specialists, logistics managers, etc. or managers & department heads who need to refresh and develop their business knowledge to support their future career.
About the course
Boost your career and become a great “all-round manager” with the 5-Day Mini MBA of Management Centre Europe (MCE)
Get equipped with practical operational and managerial skills that will support the development of your management career. This management training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your leadership and managerial skills. You will gain a wider perspective of management practice through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
- Use a powerful “Business Simulation” throughout the week. The simulation covers 5 years in a company and your goal is to maximize profitability and ROCE. Investment decisions have to be made to manage growth and build competitive advantage
- Work in teams of 3 to 4 people throughout the week on the simulation. It gets progressively more complex as you have to consider multiple variables to manage the short and the long term goals. Teams receive immediate feedback
- The objective is to understand the real factors which impact business decisions and to practice, practice, practice what you learn during the week
- Cover the key areas of Leadership, Strategy, Finance, Marketing, Sales and Supply Chain Management in just 5-Days.
Register to this intensive 5-day executive management training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
This is a very intensive and challenging programme. Are you prepared for the challenge?
How will you benefit?
After participating in the MCE 5 Day Mini MBA programme, you will grow your management skills & competencies and be able to:
- Understand how a company really works – with a multi-functional overview of a business and key leadership competences necessary for success
- Develop strategic thinking, planning and execution skills at a divisional or functional level, using the best tools and frameworks
- Influence, enable and deliver wider organizational goals and tasks
- Lead and align your stakeholders to deliver your divisional, functional or organizational strategy
- Make better business decisions and improve your contribution to the business
- Speak the language of business and understand how general managers think and act
- Read the business environment and translate changes into competitive strategies for sustainable growth
- Support strategic goals from top management and be able to translate them for your area and implement them more efficiently
- Better implement strategy through the people in your team and different departments with new leadership skills
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise using real-world examples over 5 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
MCE's 5-Day Mini MBA is an intensive, hands-on and practical programme. You practice what you learn every day. The programme uses a powerful “Business Simulation” throughout the week. The simulation covers 5 years in a company and the objective is to maximize profitability and ROCE over the strategic 5-year period. Investment decisions have to be made to manage growth and build competitive advantage. Teams of 3 to 4 people work throughout the week and the simulation is synchronized with the daily class room subjects. It gets progressively complex during the week, as the teams have to consider multiple variables to manage the short and the long term goals. Teams receive immediate feedback. The objective is to understand the real factors which impact business decisions and to practice, practice, practice what you learn during the week. Remember you will need to take your laptop with you to the programme and also be prepared for an intensive management workout!
During the week, the programme focuses on the following 5 key areas:
- Leadership Development – key competences, building self awareness, leading others and the organization through change. This also includes self profiling, daily reflection and feedback from the facilitators and peers to develop emotional intelligence
- Strategy – building a strategy (the changing world and its impact, internal analysis, differentiation etc), and strategy execution (organizational and individual)
- Finance – the fundamentals that underpin business success including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow and Investment decision-making
- Marketing & Sales– knowing the customer (needs and segmentation) and achieving success with the customer (targeting, Customer Value Proposition, sales etc)
- Supply Chain – its importance in delivering the Customer Value Proposition
A Business Simulation will be used throughout the five days and will cover activities of five financial reporting years. You will work in teams of 3 to 4 people and your objective will be to maximise profitability and ROCE over the strategic 5 year period.
Day 1 – Leadership Key leadership competences, self profiling, reflection and feedback from facilitator and peers.
- Competency framework and organizational success
- Leadership Characteristics
- Emotional intelligence and personal insights discovery
- Situational Leadership
- Leadership & Management
- Business Simulation: Building Business Awareness
Day 2 – Strategy & Marketing Building and Executing Strategy—Learn the fundamentals of marketing and sales that underpin business success.
- Strategy roadmap & Competitive strategy
- Blue Ocean thinking
- Customer centricity
- Marketing & Sales – Essential Principles
- Business Simulation: Strategic thinking & Framing
Day 3 – Marketing, Supply Chain & Business Models
- Market segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Marketing mix and branding
- Supply chain
- Business models
- Financial Statements – Profit & Loss Statement (P&L)
- Business Simulation: Finance & Strategy Implementation
Day 4 – Financial Statements & Analysis Investment Appraisal
- Financial Statements – Balance Sheet
- Financial Statements – Cash Flow
- Financial Ratios
- Investment Appraisal Principles
- Investment Appraisal – Practice
- Business Simulation: Finance (continued) & Competitive Position
Day 5 – Strategy Execution & Consolidation
- Finalization of the Business Simulation
- Strategy Execution
- Phoenix Case Study
- Leading Change (Change Management)
- Wrap up (incl. Simulation winners)
- Action plan and closing
Today Tony consults in the areas of strategy, business development and restructuring. He serves as Director of the Conference Board’s European council of Financial Executives and Controllers. He is a Board member of a Japanese company and also served on the Board of two leading companies in Thail...
Currently Jacques is coach, facilitator and consultant in strategy, leadership, sales and change projects. 2004-2013: BT Global Services, COO Global Contracts Delivery. For this Telecom and ICT services company, based in London, Jacques managed an operational budget of €150M in labour costs acros...
Prior to joining “Harlan” (2004-2010) and for 22 years, Damien held senior management positions as Manager Financial Controls, CFO, Deputy General Manager and General Manager in companies across several industries (construction, telecommunications, energy, life sciences). These companies were mai...
Ramesh Fatania has 25 years’ broad international experience gained in Marketing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, ERP Systems, Corporate Strategy and Planning, and Mergers and Acquisitions with BP (British Petroleum Plc). He possesses considerable experience in Post-Merger Integration, and has led ma...
Thomas is a senior general management, sales and consulting professional. He brings to MCE 25 years of experience in Restructuring, Rebranding, Change Management and Transaction Advisory. He has a broad functional background having worked as a Managing Director, Sales Manager, VP Sales Operations...
Christian’s experience in Leadership, Strategy Implementation and Sales Management has been built over a career of 25 years in key Sales and General Management roles in the Banking industry, from Branch Manager to Distribution Head. He has a proven track record of being an agent of change, positi...
Stephane brings to MCE more than 30 years of leadership experience in the natural resource extraction and product manufacturing industries with exposure to joint-ventures, affiliate management, large operations and projects. He covered a broad line management scope, including Managing Director an...
Andreas gathered experience both in academics (about 5 years) as well as in business where he occupied various positions during his 10 years in the manufacturing industry and more than 12 years in the oil & gas industry. He developed international management and leadership skills due to the f...
Videos and materials
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.