Sauder School of Business
Accounting Productivity Specialist, CFO
Scott (CPA, CA) has had wide-ranging career experiences as the CFO of a public multinational fibre optic deployment company; University adjunct professor; and auditor for a Big 4 accounting firm. He is currently a partner of LedgerLiberty, an accounting firm specializing in mid-size public company compliance and professional development courses.
- LedgerLiberty – Partner
Founded LedgerLiberty.com, a Vancouver-based accounting practice, providing full accounting cycle needs for companies of all sizes within British Columbia. From owner-operated small businesses to public companies, LedgerLiberty has a plan that is applicable for everyone.
- Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University – Adjunct Professor
BUS 321 - Financial Accounting: Equities. In-depth coverage of accounting, methods, problems, and limitations, associated with liabilities and owners' equity. Includes leases, pensions, bonds, and complex financial instruments.
- Lite Access Technologies Inc – CFO
Lite Access is a world leader in Microduct and fibre optic technologies. Responsible for the initial public filings, strategy development, financial & tax strategies, business acquisition management, issuance of financial information and associated filings, risk mitigation, budgeting, cash management, internal control management and associated day-to-day activities.
- Brisio Innovations Inc. – CFO
Brisio Innovations Inc. invests its capital in companies and opportunities which management believe are undervalued and have potential for significant appreciation. The company makes investments in both public and private markets and focuses on opportunities in a wide variety of industries excluding the resource and resource service sectors.
- Densmore Consulting Services Inc. – Accounting Marker - Chartered Accountant Exam Training
Accounting marker for Densmore's Uniform Final Evaluation training program.
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants – Uniform Final Evaluation (UFE) Marker - Chartered Accountant Exam.
- Canadian Nexus Ventures Ltd. – Controller
Contracted by venture capital company to act as Controller for companies listed on the TSX and TSX-V within the junior mining and investment industries.
- Researched and applied appropriate accounting treatments for complex transactions such as normal course issuer bids, bridge financings with share compensation, flow-through shares, Mineral Exploration Tax Credit accruals, stock option forfeitures, mineral property impairment, debt capitalization, and functional currency.
- Produced quarterly and annual financial statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis and presented to the Audit Committee.
- Responsible for quarterly reviews and year-end financial statement audits, as well as CRA tax credit audits.
- Developed budgets for multiple projects and properties.
- Compiled T2 tax returns.
- Managed and trained senior accountant and bookkeeper while also reviewing their work.
- Coordinated with Mexican legal counsel to address foreign issues and duties.
- Incorporated Spanish trial balances into the consolidation.
- Worked closely with lawyers to produce information circular which contained pro forma statements relating to the public spin-off of a subsidiary.
- Developed automated consolidations in Excel.
- Created process narratives, code of conduct and business ethics, internal control report, and Board of Director meeting checklists.
- CA School of Business – Facilitator and Case Reviewer - Chartered Accountant Program
Modules 2 & 4 facilitator, Module 6 case reviewer.
- Ernst & Young – Senior Staff Accountant
Led and supported audits of US and Canadian public mining companies in the exploration, development, and production stages. Also audited funds and telecommunications clients. Spent three years in the tax pool.
- The Hi-8 Superstore – Founder
Recycled Hi-8 tapes that were going to be thrown away by re-selling them as used home video camera tapes.
- Math Tutor – Self-Employed
Acted as a part-time paid and volunteer math tutor throughout high school and University.
- INC Business Lawyers – INC Business Lawyers
Responsible for delinquent account collection, compiling and filing incorporation documents, filing annual corporation documents on behalf of clients, and communicating with clients over the telephone and in person.