Ph.D., MIT Sloan School of Management
M.Ed., Boston University
A.B., Brandeis University
Dr. Judy Gordon''s research and publication interests are in the areas of the career development of professional women, the interface between work and family, older women in the workplace, and managerial effectiveness. She has also written articles about the mid-life transition of professional women, work-family conflict of older women, the delivery of information systems services, the role of the individual in the change process, and the adoption of distributed database management systems. These articles have appeared in journals such as Information Management Systems, Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, Journal of Family Issues, Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, Organization Development Journal, and Women in Management Review, among others.
Dr. Gordon has taught courses in the doctoral, masters, and undergraduate programs in organizational behavior, human resource management, micro organizational behavior, organizational structure and design, career development, and teaching effectiveness. She has extensive training and consulting experience in the areas of organizational behavior, human resources management, and career development.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS AND AWARDS
- 2007-present Chairperson, Management and Organization Department, Carroll School of Management
- 2006-2008 Chairperson, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Gordon, J.R., & Rouse, E.D. (2012). The relationship of job and elder caregiving involvement to work-caregiving conflict and work costs. Research on Aging, 34(4).
- Gordon, J.R., Pruchno, R., Wilson-Genderson, M., Murphy, W.M., & Rose, M. (2012). Balancing caregiving and work: Role conflict and role strain dynamics. Journal of Family Issues, 33(7).
- Walsh, K. & Gordon, J.R. (2010). Understanding Professional Service Delivery. International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences, 2(2), 217-238.
- Lamm, E., Gordon, J.R., & Purser, R.E. (2010). The Role of Value Congruence in Organizational Change. Organization Development Journal, 28(2), 49-64.
- Lamm, E. & Gordon, J.R. 2010. Empowerment, predisposition to resist change, and support for organizational change. Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies, 17(4), in press.
- Barnett, R.C., Gareis, K.C., Gordon, J.R., & Brenna, R.T. 2009. Usable flexibility, employees’ concerns about elders, gender, and job withdrawal. The Psychologist – Manager Journal 12, 50-71.
- Pruchno, R.A., J.E. Brill, Y. Shands, M.W., Gordon, J.R., Genderson, M.W., M. Rose, F. Cartwright. 2008. Convenience Samples and Caregiving Research: How Generalizable Are the Findings? The Gerontologist, 48(6), 820-827.
- Walsh, K. & Gordon, J.R. 2008. Creating an Individual Work Identity. Human Resource Management Review, 18(1), 46-61.
- Information Systems: A Management Approach 3rd ed. (Wiley, 2004)
- Organizational Behavior: A Diagnostic Approach, 7th ed. (Prentice Hall, 2002)
- Management and Organizational Behavior (Allyn & Bacon, 1990)
- Human Resource Management: A Practical Approach (Allyn & Bacon, 1986).