Professor of Marketing and Associate Dean for Entrepreneurship at Cass Business School
Cass Business School
Caroline is a Professor of Marketing, the Head of the Marketing Group, and an Associate Dean for Entrepreneurship at Cass Business School.
Caroline’s main research interests lie in the areas of consumer research and new media marketing. She has published in leading academic journals, such as the Journal of Consumer Research, the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, the Journal of Service Research, the International Journal of Research in Marketing, the Journal of Interactive Marketing, Psychology & Marketing, and Organization Studies. Her articles have been nominated for and won a number of best paper awards. Caroline is a member of the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Interactive Marketing and Journal of Business Research and regularly reviews for a number of other journals.
Caroline teaches Marketing on the MSc in Marketing Strategy & Innovation and the Executive MBA. Over the years, she has won many awards for excellence and innovation in teaching and curriculum development.
Caroline is passionate about London's buzzing start-up world and was the co-founder of City Unrulyversity, a pop-up university in the heart of London's Tech City that delivers free sessions to budding entrepreneurs.
She also volunteers as a Trustee of the St Martin-in-the-Fields Charity and its annual BBC Radio 4 Christmas Appeal, which raises money for the homeless in London and people in need across the UK.
- MSc in International Business, University of Maastricht, The Netherlands
- PhD in Marketing, University of Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Visiting Professor, ESCP Europe, Paris Campus, Mar – May 2012
- Visiting Professor, University of Muenster, Germany, Sep – Dec 2011
International Fellow, Research Unit "How Social Media is Changing Marketing" (University of Hamburg), Apr 2015 – present
Memberships of Professional Organisations
- American Marketing Association
- Association for Consumer Research
- European Academy of Marketing
English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), French (can read, write, speak and understand spoken) and German (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).
- Consumer Behaviour
- Digital Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Social Media
- film & entertainment
- The impact of different types of word of mouth on new product adoption Focus on entertainment industry: motion pictures and video games
- The drivers and dynamics of user-generated media popularity Focus on social video
- The effectiveness of advertising in social media Focus on Twitter
- Governance and engagement in online communities
- Different types of objects and their mutations
Journal Articles (13)
- Marchand, A., Hennig-Thurau, T. and Wiertz, C. (2017). Not all digital word of mouth is created equal: Understanding the respective impact of consumer reviews and microblogs on new product success. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 34(2), pp. 336–354. doi:10.1016/j.ijresmar.2016.09.003.
- Gkritzali, A., Lampel, J. and Wiertz, C. (2016). Blame it on Hollywood: The influence of films on Paris as product location. Journal of Business Research, 69(7), pp. 2363–2370. doi:10.1016/j.jbusres.2015.10.005.
- Hennig-Thurau, T., Wiertz, C. and Feldhaus, F. (2015). Does Twitter matter? The impact of microblogging word of mouth on consumers’ adoption of new movies. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 43(3), pp. 375–394. doi:10.1007/s11747-014-0388-3.
- Hartmann, B.J., Wiertz, C. and Arnould, E.J. (2015). Exploring consumptive moments of value-creating practice in online community. Psychology and Marketing, 32(3), pp. 319–340. doi:10.1002/mar.20782.
- Stokburger-Sauer, N.E. and Wiertz, C. (2015). Online consumption communities: An introduction. Psychology and Marketing, 32(3), pp. 235–239. doi:10.1002/mar.20776.
- Gensler, S., Völckner, F., Liu-Thompkins, Y. and Wiertz, C. (2013). Managing brands in the social media environment. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 27(4), pp. 242–256. doi:10.1016/j.intmar.2013.09.004.
- Blazevic, V., Wiertz, C., Cotte, J., de Ruyter, K. and Keeling, D.I. (2013). GOSIP in Cyberspace: Conceptualization and Scale Development for General Online Social Interaction Propensity. Journal of Interactive Marketing .
- Dholakia, U.M., Blazevic, V., Wiertz, C. and Algesheimer, R. (2009). Communal Service Delivery: How Customers Benefit From Participation in Firm-Hosted Virtual P3 Communities. Journal of Service Research, 12(2), pp. 208–226. doi:10.1177/1094670509338618.
- Paul, M., Hennig-Thurau, T., Gremler, D.D., Gwinner, K.P. and Wiertz, C. (2009). Toward a theory of repeat purchase drivers for consumer services. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 37(2), pp. 215–237. doi:10.1007/s11747-008-0118-9.
- Mathwick, C., Wiertz, C. and De Ruyter, K. (2008). Social capital production in a virtual P3 community. Journal of Consumer Research, 34(6), pp. 832–849. doi:10.1086/523291.
- Wiertz, C. and De Ruyter, K. (2007). Beyond the call of duty: Why customers contribute to firm-hosted commercial online communities. Organization Studies, 28(3), pp. 347–376. doi:10.1177/0170840607076003.
- Wiertz, C., de Ruyter, K., Keen, C. and Streukens, S. (2004). Cooperating for service excellence in multichannel service systems - An empirical assessment. Journal of Business Research, 57(4), pp. 424–436. doi:10.1016/S0148-2963(02)00276-X.
- Lambrecht, A., Tucker, C.E. and Wiertz, C. Advertising to Early Trend Propagators: Evidence from Twitter. Marketing Science .
- 2013 - present, City Unrulyversity, Director
- 2013 - 2014, MSc in Marketing Strategy and Innovation, Director (co-director)
- 2015 - present, Entrepreneurship, Associate Dean
November 2015 - present, Marketing Group, Subject Group Leader
2014 - 2015, "Delivering Enterprise Education Project" - part of the Research & Enterprise Workstream, Head of the Board
2009 - 2014, Marketing Stream on the MSc in Management, Leader
Editorial Activities (16)
- Journal of Business Research, Member of Editorial Board, 2016 – present.
- Journal of Service Research, Referee, 2016 – present.
- Journal of Interactive Marketing, Member of Editorial Board, 2015 – present.
- European Journal of Marketing, Referee, 2014 – present.
- Journal of Marketing Management, Referee, 2014 – present.
- Psychology & Marketing, Special Editor, 2013 – 2015.
- Psychology & Marketing, Referee, 2013 – present.
- Journal of Marketing Communications, Referee, 2012.
- Consumption, Markets, and Culture, Refereee, 2012 – present.
- International Journal of Research in Marketing, Referee, 2011 – present.
- Marketing Letters, Referee, 2011 – present.
- Marketing Letters, Referee, 2010 – present.
- Journal of Interactive Marketing, Referee, 2010 – present.
- Journal of Business Research, Referee, 2008 – present.
- Long Range Planning, Referee, 2005 – present.
- Journal of Service Management, Referee, 2004 – 2009.
Read about executive education
Research Statement Broadly speaking, I am interested in the effect of human cognitive constraints on market participants and other factors that impact the efficiency with which market prices incorporate information. My publications have been in the areas of behavioral finance, financial statement...
Speciality : Marketing Expertise : Marketing - Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Main academic publications Analyse de Marché (Vuibert 2017, 5ème édition), La Couleur au cœur de la Stratégie Marketing (De Boeck 2016, médaillé par l’Académie des Sciences Commerciales 2017 et labellis...
Dr. Stephan Hutter is a partner in Skadden’s Frankfurt office. He focuses on international capital markets transactions, cross-border corporate transactions, acquisitions and bank financings, corporate governance matters. He has a broad range of experience in initial public offerings, capital inc...
Leading Digital Transformation
Oxford Fintech Programme
Said Business School
Advanced Human Resource Executive Program
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Leading People and Teams
Private Equity: Investing and Creating Value
The Wharton School
Leading Strategic Growth and Change
Columbia Business School
The Manchester Leadership Development Programme
Alliance Manchester Business School
Manchester, United Kingdom
Strategic Human Resource Leadership
Rotman School of Management
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jan 31, 2022
The Positive Leader: Deep Change and Organizational Transformation
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Looking for an expert?
Contact us and we'll find the best option for you.