Senior Lecturer, Business Performance Management at Cranfield School of Management
Cranfield School of Management
Prior to coming to Cranfield and switching to a career in academia, Andrey worked in Moscow, Russia, as a financial analyst, assisting the executive teams first in a small pharmaceuticals distributor and then in a large chemicals manufacturer.
Andrey''s work lies at the intersection of Performance Management and Strategic Change. He is interested in understanding the phenomenon of organizational performance and in developing alternatives to hierarchical, control-driven approaches to managing performance and leading strategic change. Andrey''s current work includes:
- Postgraduate teaching in Performance Management and Strategy;
- Doctoral supervision and advising in the area of Business Performance Management and Strategy Execution;
- Research in a) Performance Measurement and Management; b) Organizational Design and Strategic Change
Andrey has delivered Executive Education sessions to multiple organizations, including:
- National Trust
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Pentland Brands plc
- European Space Agency
Articles In Journals
- Micheli P & Pavlov A (2018) What is Performance Measurement for? Multiple Uses of Performance Information within Organizations, Public Administration (In Press).
- [Pavlov A, Mura M, Franco-Santos M & Bourne M (2017) Modelling the impact of performance management practices on firm performance: Interaction with human resource management practices, Production Planning & Control, 28 (5) 431-443.]
- [Bourne M, Franco-Santos M, Micheli P & Pavlov A (2017) Performance measurement and management: A system of systems perspective, International Journal of Production Research (In press).]
- [Bourne M, Pavlov A, Franco-Santos M, Lucianetti L & Mura M (2013) Generating organisational performance: The contributing effects of performance measurement and human resource management practices, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 33 (11/12) 1599-1622.]
- [Pavlov A & Bourne M (2011) Explaining the effects of performance measurement on performance: An organizational routines perspective, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 31 (1) 101-122.]
- [Martinez V, Pavlov A & Bourne M (2010) Reviewing performance: an analysis of the structure and functions of performance management reviews, Production Planning & Control, 21 (1) 70-83.]
- Micheli P & Pavlov A (2008) Promoting a culture of performance management in public sector organisations, Public Governance - Journal for Public Management (Winter) 22-24.
- Pavlov A & Geurts T (2005) Using Countercyclical REITs in the Classroom: Solving Problems with the Calculation of the Cost of Capital, Real Estate Review, 34 (2).
- Pavlov A, Bowman C & Mirabeau L (2016) Reconceptualizing Strategic Change as Emergence: A Theoretical Model of Nested Evolutionary Processes. In: Strategic Management Society 36th Annual Conference, Berlin, 17 August 2016.
- Micheli P & Pavlov A (2016) The Interplay of Passive and Purposeful Uses of Performance Information. In: 2016 Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA, 5 August 2016.
- Pavlov A, Bowman C & Mirabeau L (2016) Reconceptualizing Strategic Change as Emergence of Hierarchical Selection Environments. In: 5th European Theory Development Workshop, Helsinki, 30 June 2016.
- Bourne M & Pavlov A (2016) Performance Management Review Meetings: The Invisible Hand of Performance Management. In: PMA Performance Management Association 2016 conference, Edinburgh, 27 June 2016.
- Micheli P & Pavlov A (2016) Examining the Interplay of Passive & Purposeful Uses of Performance Information in Public Sector. In: PMA Performance Management Association 2016 conference, Edinburgh, 27 June 2016.
- Bellisario A, Appolloni A & Pavlov A (2016) How Managers Use Control Systems in Lean Manufacturing Organizations. In: PMA Performance Management Association 2016 conference, Edinburgh, 27 June 2016.
- Pavlov A & Bowman C (2015) The End of Management Control. In: PMA Performance Management Association 2015 Symposium, Bologna, 23 September 2015.
- Bellisario A & Pavlov A (2015) Rethinking Management Control in Lean Manufacturing. In: PMA Performance Management Association 2015 Symposium, Bologna, 23 September 2015.
- Tobias J & Pavlov A (2015) Toward higher achievement through mindfulness: a randomized controlled trial. In: Academy of Management Annual Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia, 7 August 2015.
- Tobias J, Denyer D, Pavlov A, Reb J, Gaertner C, Vogus T & Danziger D (2014) Researching organisational mindfulness and mindful organising:Theory, method, and practice. In: 74th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, 2014, Philadelphia, 1 August 2014.
- Tobias JM, Denyer D, Pavlov A & Danziger (2014) Researching organizational mindfulness and mindful organizing: theory, method and practice. In: British Academy of Management Conference 2014 (BAM2014), Belfast, 9 September 2014.
- Micheli P & Pavlov A (2014) The use of performance information in public sector organizations: How much or what for?. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 2014, Philadelphia, PA. 74th, 1-5 August 2014.
- Abdulhadi S & Pavlov A (2014) Strategic Decisions Creation-Implementation process: An empirical study. In: PMA Performance Management Association 2014 conference, Aarhus, 25 June 2014.
- Bowman C & Pavlov A (2014) Strategy Practices and the Micro-foundations of Advantage. In: Strategic Management Society Special Conference: Micro-Foundations for Strategic Management Research - Embracing Individuals, Copenhagen, 13 June 2014.
- Pavlov A & Bowman C (2014) Micro-Yes! Foundations-No!. In: Strategic Management Society Special Conference: Micro-Foundations for Strategic Management Research - Embracing Individuals, Copenhagen, 13 June 2014.
- Micheli P & Pavlov A (2012) Performance Culture: A Concept to Understand and Deal with Ambiguity of Performance Information. In: 2012 Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, 3 August 2012.
- Bourne M, Gray D, Mura M, Pavlov A, Franco-Santos M & Lucianetti L (2012) The Effect of Performance Measurement on Performance: Does Human Resource Management Have Anything to Contribute?. In: PMA Performance Management Association 2012 Conference, Cambridge, 11 July 2012.
- Micheli P & Pavlov A (2012) Reducing the Ambiguity of Performance Information by Managing Performance Culture. In: PMA Performance Management Association 2012 Conference, Cambridge, 11 July 2012.
- Pavlov A & Bourne M (2012) Management control in practice: Analyzing the effect of management control through the lens of organizational routines. In: EGOS 28th Colloquium, Helsinki, 5 July 2012.
- Pavlov A & Bourne M (2010) Routines under pressure: The dynamics of organizational routines in performance management reviews. In: 4th International Conference on Organizational Routines, Nice, 11 June 2010.
- Micheli P & Pavlov A (2009) Establishing a culture of performance management in the public sector. In: 2009 Academy of Management annual meeting: green management matters, Chicago, IL, 7 August 2009.
- Martinez V, Pavlov A & Bourne M (2009) Reviewing performance: An analysis of the structure and functions of performance management reviews. In: PMA 2009 Performance Management Association Conference, Dunedin, 14 April 2009.
- Bourne M, Mura M, Franco-Santos M, Pavlov A, Martinez V & Lucianetti L (2009) Performance Management Practices and the Drivers of Business Performance. In: PMA 2009 Performance Management Association Conference, Dunedin, 14 April 2009.
- Bourne M, Franco-Santos M, Pavlov A, Martinez V & Lucianetti L (2008) Performance management practices and their impact on organisational performance: implications for HR and performance measurement research. In: EurOMA 15th Annual Conference, Groningen, 15 June 2008.
- Pavlov A & Bourne M (2008) Complex research design: is it necessary and is it worth it?. In: Cranfield multi-strand conference: creating wealth through research and innovation (CMC 2008), Cranfield, 6 May 2008.
- Pavlov A & Bourne M (2007) Using performance measurement as an instrument of change: The micro aspects of ''Managing though Measures''. In: 3rd International Conference on Organizational Routines, Strasbourg.
- Pavlov A & Bourne M (2007) Responding to contemporary challenges in performance management: Measuring organizational routines. In: 14th International Annual EurOMA Conference, Ankara.
- Pavlov A & Bourne M (2007) Understanding the foundations of ''Managing through measures'' The impact of performance measurement on organizational processes. In: EIASM: 4th Conference on performance measurement and management control, Nice, 26 September 2007.
- Pavlov A (2003) Analysis of Product Pruning Decisions under the Theory of Constraints. In: 33rd Annual Meeting of the Southeast Decision Sciences Institute, Williamsburg, VA, 26 February 2003.
- Gray D, Micheli P & Pavlov A (2014) Measurement Madness: Recognizing and Avoiding the Pitfalls of Performance Measurement. London: Wiley.
- Micheli P & Pavlov A (2008) Promoting a culture of performance management in public sector organisations. In: Holy Grail or Achievable Quest? International Perspectives on Public Sector Performance Management, KPMG, p. 153-167.
Read about executive education
Michelle Talley is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker whose main area of focus is working with youth and families as it relates to Public Child Welfare. Other areas of interest are issues dealing with domestic violence, substance use, education, and attachment in youth and families. As a field co...
I am Associate Professor in Finance at emlyon Business School. My research interests include the pricing of derivative products and the management of risks. I teach in the Grande Ecole Program and in the specialized masters in quantitative finance. EDUCATION 2009 – 2013 : PhD in Management Scien...
Leading Digital Transformations
Cass Business School
Leading People and Teams
Leading Strategic Growth and Change
Columbia Business School
Leading Digital Transformation
Strategic Human Resource Leadership
Rotman School of Management
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jan 31, 2022
The Positive Leader: Deep Change and Organizational Transformation
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Private Equity: Investing and Creating Value
The Wharton School
Advanced Human Resource Executive Program
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
The Manchester Leadership Development Programme
Alliance Manchester Business School
Manchester, United Kingdom
Looking for an expert?
Contact us and we'll find the best option for you.