Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Directors and managers who are responsible for implementing strategy, designing and refreshing their scorecards or developing their organisational performance management system
- Project sponsors and leaders
- Senior line managers looking to improve their expertise in performance management.
About the course
Executing strategies and policies using strategy/success maps and Balanced Scorecards
This programme will give you the tools you need to implement your strategy and deliver better performance for your organisation. Through the application of success mapping you will learn how to clarify objectives and gain commitment to action. Using our performance review tools you will learn how to manage the process of capturing feedback, prioritising action and challenging your strategy. This will enable you to manage with measures and direct the future of your organisation.
What you will learn
- Create a simple map to communicate strategic direction
- Understand the power of performance measurement in guiding strategy execution
- Gain a realistic view of what balanced scorecards can and cannot deliver
- Design KPIs to align activity to strategy and encourage the right behaviour
- Improve target setting through a 10 step process
- Validate and challenge strategy using feedback from the performance measurement system.
- Challenges in executing strategies
- Strategy Maps and Balanced Scorecards
- Success Maps and Performance Prism
- Customer value propositions
- Designing appropriate performance measures
- Setting the right targets
- Mapping strategic initiatives
- Managing the performance review process
- Using information strategically
- Validating strategies.
Reflect on your current strategy formulation and implementation processes and how you currently direct and performance manage your organisation.
- Why you need fast cycle strategy execution
- How to do fast cycle strategy execution
- Why we measure?
- The process approach – how it works, why we do it.
What Do We Need to Know? How do we deliver performance?
How Do We Capture the Data? How do we design and test indicators?
How Do We Gain Insight from Data? How do we extract actionable insights? How do we act on them?
How Do We Use Data to Challenge Strategy and Lead the Organisation? What are the leadership attributes are required?
Practical work and application of concepts in your organisation (4-6 weeks following the course).
An “Ask the Experts” Clinic. Putting your experience in context, reflecting on your learning and planning next steps.
Mike spent 15 years in business, spanning the valve, paper & board, building materials, machine tool and airline catering industries. He held a number of positions, with roles in production management, strategy and acquisitions, IT, HR, commercial and general management, including directorshi...
Prior to coming to Cranfield and switching to a career in academia, Andrey worked in Moscow, Russia, as a financial analyst, assisting the executive teams first in a small pharmaceuticals distributor and then in a large chemicals manufacturer. Current activities Andrey''s work lies at the inter...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.