About the course
In this session, participants will learn to apply time tested, best practices associated with successful initiatives or programs when they return to the workplace. This interactive session identifies the common barriers to effective initiatives and presents methods that support success. The critical role senior management plays in successful outcomes is discussed in detail. Case studies illustrating successful and failed initiatives are reviewed. Session Objectives: (1) Use best practices to get a smart start on the initiative, avoid recycle, and get alignment with stakeholders who often have competing needs; (2) Develop an effective management oversight plan to ensure prompt decision making and issue resolution; (3) Employ robust communications methods to ensure alignment among all stakeholders including management, team members, functional managers, internal customers, etc.; (4) Utilize best practices to keep the program on track and stakeholders aligned.
Time Allocation - Topics
- 5 % Why Initiatives Fail
- 15 % Best Practices in ensuring your initiative succeeds
- Single point accountability
- Robust, empowered, multidiscipline implementation team
- 20% Initiative Oversight: A Key Differentiator for Success
- Governance: an initiative manager’s best friend
- How effective management facilitates issue management and decision making
- Typical managaement oversight structures
- Governanace roles and responsibilities
- 20% Navigating the Organizational Environment
- Matrix organizations and how to make them work for your initiative
- Effective partnering with functional or discipline managers
- Managing shared resources
- 20% Program Initiation: Starting on the Right Foot
- Develoing a charter that empowers the team
- Opportunity framing, aligning early on with stakeholders, and getting a smart start
- 20% Managing Key Stakeholders: It’s All About the People
- 360 degree communications model
- Communication planning: who neds what information and when
- Keeping management informed and on your side
- A simple yet effective stakeholder management model
Primary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Risk Identification and Reduction, Problem Identification, Selecting and Organizing Information, Analysis, Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Plans
Secondary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Team Building, Decision Making, Direction, Quality Control, Results Analysis, Evaluation
Tertiary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Communication, Creativeness
With over 30 years of management, organization transformation, and consulting experience, Pete Luan guides his worldwide clients into improving organization performance through successfully facilitating “move-the-dial” initiatives. Serving as a trusted advisor to top executives, he not only helps...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.