Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Yale School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
As a leader, the world expects you to compete strategically and win globally, no matter the odds. The Yale Global Executive Leadership Program will prepare you for the highest levels of global leadership. You will leave the program equipped with strategic insights, leadership skills, and a deep understanding of global business context needed to drive growth and profitability in a high-performing organization. Your five weeks at Yale will include participation in the world-renowned Yale Chief Executive Leadership Institute and will culminate with Yale GELP Program Certification and entry into the Yale alumni family.
What you will take back
The program will make you a more effective leader with the toolkit to build a high-performing organization:
- Develop a grand strategy for your corporation by understanding the competitive forces.
- Persuade, influence, and negotiate expertly by honing your analytical and tactical abilities.
- Evaluate and improve your firm’s performance through financial analysis.
- Gain perception on global business environments and financial factors, opportunities and risks in emerging markets, and policy barriers and incentives.
- Create competitive advantage and leverage operational capabilities.
- Manage crises and drive change effectively through the organization.
- Avoid pitfalls in restructuring, M&A, and turnaround situations.
- Align talent with strategy to create a more resilient and agile organization.
- Drive shareholder value and balance growth, ambition and oversight with fiduciary responsibilities and realities.
The Yale GELP Program takes place over 10 months and the program is divided into three intensive classroom modules at Yale SOM campus to engage and inspire you on all aspects of global executive leadership. In between these three on-campus modules, we have designed immersive off-campus learning and engagement opportunities with our faculty via monthly video conferencing based meetings. You will get new insights from faculty through discussion on latest research or a case study, share insights and reflections on how you are applying your learnings from the last on-campus module at Yale SOM, and get guidance from the Yale network. Your learning journey continues seamlessly over the entire 10 month period, helping you transform the leadership perspectives and accelerating your professional and personal growth.
- Organizational strategy
- Business and product portfolios
- Marketing and sales driven growth
- Competitive advantage through operations
- M&A driven growth
- Restructuring and turnaround situations
- Managing uncertainty
- Innovation driven growth
- Positive strategic leadership orientation
- Authentic leadership development
- Building a support network
- Finding and benefiting from mentors
- Leadership coaching for blind spots
- Developing a personal growth roadmap
- Leadership styles and motivation
- Leadership communications
- Leadership in a connected world
- Crisis management
- Change management
- Leadership, ethics and corporate accountability
- Mentoring and coaching other leaders
- Developing ownership and building strong teams
- Developing a leadership pipeline
- Managing boards
- Driving shareholder value and investor relations
- Human resources and talent management
Strategic Financial Leadership
- Measuring, analyzing, and driving corporate performance
- Linking strategy to finance and the new role of a CFO
- Master the essentials of corporate financial management
- Lead in the global economy (including government and international policy, state’s economic performance, national income and global business environment)
Who should attend
- Executive Committee members
- Heads of major business units
- Heads of function for the entire organization
- Senior executive members of core advisory or core operating groups
Trust the experts
Jeffrey Sonnenfeld served as full tenured professor at Emory''s Goizueta Business School for a decade and a professor at the Harvard Business School for a decade, and is currently the senior associate dean of leadership programs as well as the Lester Crown Professor in the Practice of Management ...