Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The program will bring together a group of proven business leaders who hold C-level positions or positions within one level of the CEO—someone identified within the leadership pipeline as the next in line. They should be an integral part of the organization’s decision-making team.
We welcome applications from participants with
- Significant experience and demonstrated career progression and success across levels, including
- Executive committee members
- Heads of major business units
- Heads of function for the entire organization
- Senior executive members of core advisory or core operating groups.
- A minimum of 20+ years of work experience including significant time in senior management roles.
- A strong drive, ambition and belief that being the best within the organization is not enough, they have to be one of the few in the industry, leading and shaping it for the future.
About the course
As a leader, the world expects you to compete strategically and win globally, no matter the odds. The Yale Global Executive Leadership Program will prepare you for the highest levels of global leadership. You will leave the program equipped with strategic insights, leadership skills, and a deep understanding of global business context needed to drive growth and profitability in a high-performing organization. Your five weeks at Yale will include participation in the world-renowned Yale Chief Executive Leadership Institute and will culminate with Yale GELP Program Certification and entry into the Yale alumni family.
Upon completing the program, YGELP Alumni receive International Affiliate status which gives access to our vast global alumni network and an array of resources that facilitate lifelong learning, growth, and success. Following are some of the key benefits:
- Membership in the Yale Alumni Association, a network of 150,000 Yale alumni around the world
- Membership in the Yale School of Management Alumni Association
- Inclusion in the Yale alumni directory and the SOM alumni directory
- A lifelong email forwarding address: [yourname]@aya.yale.edu
- Access to the Yale Career Network
- Access to the Yale SOM Job Board
- Invitation to CELI reunions and SOM executive education reunions
- Invitation to local SOM chapter events
- Access to selected Yale SOM career services
- Increasing access to Global Network for Advanced Management alumni events around the world
- 25% discount on all Yale SOM executive education open enrollment programs
- Free participation in faculty webinars available to SOM alumni
- Invitation to participate in the Yale SOM Alumni Association student mentoring program
The Yale GELP Program takes place over 10 months and the program is divided into three intensive classroom modules at Yale SOM campus to engage and inspire you on all aspects of global executive leadership. In between these three on-campus modules, we have designed immersive off-campus learning and engagement opportunities with our faculty via monthly video conferencing based meetings. You will get new insights from faculty through discussion on latest research or a case study, share insights and reflections on how you are applying your learnings from the last on-campus module at Yale SOM, and get guidance from the Yale network. Your learning journey continues seamlessly over the entire 10 month period, helping you transform the leadership perspectives and accelerating your professional and personal growth.
- Organizational strategy
- Business and product portfolios
- Marketing and sales driven growth
- Competitive advantage through operations
- M&A driven growth
- Restructuring and turnaround situations
- Managing uncertainty
- Innovation driven growth
- Positive strategic leadership orientation
- Authentic leadership development
- Building a support network
- Finding and benefiting from mentors
- Leadership coaching for blind spots
- Developing a personal growth roadmap
- Leadership styles and motivation
- Leadership communications
- Leadership in a connected world
- Crisis management
- Change management
- Leadership, ethics and corporate accountability
- Mentoring and coaching other leaders
- Developing ownership and building strong teams
- Developing a leadership pipeline
- Managing boards
- Driving shareholder value and investor relations
- Human resources and talent management
Strategic Financial Leadership
- Measuring, analyzing, and driving corporate performance
- Linking strategy to finance and the new role of a CFO
- Master the essentials of corporate financial management
- Lead in the global economy (including government and international policy, state’s economic performance, national income and global business environment)
Professor Dhar is the George Rogers Clark Professor of Management and Marketing & Director of the Center for Customer Insights. He is an expert in consumer behavior and branding, marketing management, and marketing strategy and a leader in bringing psychological insights to the study of consu...
Zoë studies persuasion and decision making, working passionately to understand how people can lead happier, healthier, more fulfilling lives. At Yale, Zoë teaches Mastering Influence and Persuasion, advises Center for Customer Insights consulting and research teams, and collaborates with Google a...
Jeffrey Sonnenfeld served as full tenured professor at Emory's Goizueta Business School for a decade and a professor at the Harvard Business School for a decade, and is currently the senior associate dean of leadership programs as well as the Lester Crown Professor in the Practice of Management f...
GARY B. GORTON IS THE FREDERICK FRANK CLASS OF 1954 Professor of Finance at the Yale School of Management, which he joined in August 2008. Prior to joining Yale, he was the Robert Morris Professor of Banking and Finance at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where he taught from...
ROBERT J. SHILLER IS STERLING PROFESSOR OF ECONOMICS, Department of Economics and Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, and Professor of Finance and Fellow at the International Center for Finance, Yale School of Management. He received his B.A. from the University of Michi...
JEFFREY E. GARTEN WAS DEAN OF THE SCHOOL FROM NOVEMBER 1995 TO JUNE 2005 and has been teaching at the school since he stepped down. Prior to serving as dean, he was undersecretary of commerce for international trade, 1993-1995, where he focused on trade and investment negotiations and policy towa...
PROFESSOR GOETZMANN IS AN EXPERT on a diverse range of investments, including stocks, hedge funds, real estate and art. His research also includes the history of finance in China, the origins of corporations and the history of stock market bubbles. Professor Goetzmann's work has been featured in ...
PROFESSOR THOMAS FOCUSES ON THE RELATION between accounting information and stock prices. Insights recently developed in this area that suggest fundamental links between accounting numbers and value form the basis of much of his recent teaching and research. He was actively involved in developing...
LEVINSOHN’S FIELDS OF EXPERTISE are international economics, industrial organization, economic development, and applied econometrics. His recent academic research has focused on estimating the impacts of internal migration on household well-being in South Africa, estimating the demand for sanitat...
MATTHEW SPIEGEL'S RESEARCH RANGES WIDELY with publications in the areas of market microstructure, asset pricing, real estate, corporate finance, and experimental economics. His theoretical work has helped to explain stock market volatility, what factors lead to market breakdowns and how mergers w...
Videos and materials
Read more about General Management Programs
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.