XCPD-766 Capstone Course in Social Media
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
This course serves as in-depth review of the program content. In addition, participants will present and defend a social media project they plan to create, implement, manage, and assess at work. Faculty and peers provide feedback and assess the effectiveness of the plan and lessons learned. Participants must also submit a brief strategic communications plan.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Employ lessons from previous social media management courses with a holistic and rounded perspective
- Plan a social media campaign focusing on their organization's goals
- Implement and manage social media usage within a real world environment
- Evaluate and present an assessment of how social media use affects his/her organizational goals and priorities
Social Media Marketing
This course is for people who have not used the social channels extensively, but want to start using them or improve how they use them. We do this through a mix of seminar and practical case exercises. This course focuses on how to use the core channels more effectively. It is not designed as a follow on to Implementing Social Media Campaigns.
- Social media trends and implications for marketers
- Social media usage statistics and trends
- Steps for building a simple social media plan
- The 4 stages of customer engagement
- Channels to be used for acquiring new customers – influencing influencers and social ads
- Channels to build participation and engagement – blogging, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Learn about tools that measure success and monitor social media mentions
Who should attend
For marketers who need to know more about social media, so they can assess its relevance, plan an approach or implement social media. Individuals who have limited experience of social media marketing and are looking to fast-track their knowledge and skills.