About the course
Integrated Marketing Capstone is the final course in the Certificate in Marketing program. Working in small groups as part of a marketing team, students will apply the knowledge, skills, and abilities practiced and acquired in the previous five courses to develop an integrated marketing plan, either for a client or based on a comprehensive case study. With faculty as advisors, students will produce and present a plan based on market research, analysis of the organization, and application of marketing tools and concepts. The purpose is to develop a feasible, effective, and tailored marketing plan that meets or exceeds the organization’s goals within defined budget constraints. Faculty, peers, and the client will evaluate the plan and students will be assessed on the creativity, alignment, integration, metrics, and feasibility of the plan.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- develop a feasible and effective integrated marketing plan, including implementation steps for recommendations, for a client or case study
- conduct a current-state analysis to determine a client's current market position, target market, and revenues, and a gap analysis to identify opportunities
- apply marketing tools and concepts to a real business marketing need, including a thorough analysis of pricing, distribution, promotion, and product strategies
- conduct primary (e.g. focus groups) and secondary research to inform and validate the plan
- gain experience working with a client and understanding a client's objectives, needs, and constraints (e.g. budget)
- work on a marketing consulting team that serves a client
- present a plan and executive summary to a client for evaluation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.