XCPD-432 Communicating Organizational Results
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
This course provides the participant with philosophies, tools, and techniques for presenting or reporting organizational performance results to stakeholders and other interested parties, including presentation elements, order of presentation, resources, graphs, charts, analyses, results, and next steps. This course is designed for executives, managers, professionals, program and project managers, and consultants seeking insight and skills in presenting performance results in a concise, clear, and credible fashion, making use of qualitative and quantitative data, visuals, and methods which will promote audience or readership interest.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop a report or presentation of organizational results that is concise, clear, and credible.
- Demonstrate facility with various techniques of performance presentation and reporting to make such activity more effective.
Evaluating and Presenting Analysis Results
You’ve conducted valuable data analysis, but how do you capture the value of that analysis to ensure decision-makers in your organization understand the results so they can make sound decisions? How do you determine if the results of your analysis meet the organizational need? Through application-based exercises, you will walk through these steps and learn how best to communicate—both written and orally—your findings to your audience.
- Evaluate whether an analysis has met its goals
- Determine what next steps are necessary prior to finalizing an analysis
- Evaluate and select the most appropriate method to present both quantitative and qualitative results to various stakeholders
- Draft a reader-friendly outline for an analysis results report
- Write an Executive Summary for an analysis results reports
- Develop tables, graphs, and charts that convey information quickly and concisely
- Develop a clear message that effectively communicates the implications of your result
- Give a briefing or presentation to present analysis results to decision- makers
Introduction to the Communication Phase
- Getting Started
- The Analytics Process Model
Evaluating Your Analysis
- Evaluating the Analysis
Planning Your Presentation
- Considerations for Communicating Your Results
- Defining the Message of Your Communication
- Crafting a Coherent Message
- Crafting the Message
Creating Visual Components
- General Rules for Data Displays
- Creating Effective Data Tables for Presentation in Excel
- Formatting Charts in Excel
- Guidelines for Non-Textual Information
Selecting Visual Components
- The Roles of Presentation-Support Materials
- What Media Will You Use for Visual Aids?
Presenting Your Results
- Making Recommendations
- Basic Organizational Styles
- Planning Your Presentation
- Practicing Your Presentation
- Dos and Don'ts for a Presentation
- Anticipating Audience Questions
- Responding to Audience Questions
Writing the Analysis Report
- Analysis Reports
- Guidelines for Writing an Analysis Report
- Outlining Techniques
Who should attend
This course in designed for individuals who need to learn how to communicate analysis results effectively and recommend solutions based on analysis results.