About the course
The first two days of this course will introduce you to the conventional and post-conventional stages of adult development with an emphasis on their importance to coaching. This framework is critical for your understanding of humans and how they grow and change. Students will have the opportunity to complete the Maturity Assessment Profile (MAP) and receive a report describing their current stage of development. This report will be used in the fourth class session when students explore how to skillfully meet their clients at their stage of development. The MAP was created by Susanne Cook-Greuter, Ph.D., and is a rigorously researched, highly respected assessment tool for measuring adult stages of development.
The third day of this course is intended to introduce the students to the concepts and practices related to the leadership presence including: understanding leadership presence; developing competence to observe it in themselves and their clients; and the ability to coach in this domain.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the difference between vertical and horizontal development
- Identify stages of development in a set of case studies
- Apply adult development concepts and create a stage hypothesis for one of their clients
- Describe how their personal stage of development may affect their coaching
- Draw connections between stage of development and leadership presence
- Recognize, experience and work with their own leadership presence
- Understand that their own presence influences their coaching and leading
- Learn how to recognize and make distinctions regarding presence in their leadership clients and understand how to begin coaching presence in others
Roz Kay works with government, corporate and nonprofit clients helping them create bold strategies and develop leadership and teams toward high performance. In her coaching and consulting, she draws on her 25 years as senior leader in the finance industry, her advanced study of human behavior, kn...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.