This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This course includes the comprehensive study of qualified retirement plans, other tax-advantaged plans, non-qualified plans, and employee benefits in a manner that integrates the overall concepts of financial planning.
Upon completing this course, successful students will be able to:
- Gain a firm grasp of retirement planning concepts.
- Undergo a comprehensive study of the characteristics of retirement plans including qualified, nonqualified, tax-advantaged plans and employee/group benefits; Social Security and Medicare as they apply to a given planning situation.
- Learn about plan characteristics, advantages, disadvantages and be able to recommend the appropriate plan to a given employer or situation.
- Understand implementation, administration and items such as discrimination testing, participation requirements, and contribution limits at the plan level.
- Learn how these plans integrate with financial planning concepts and financial planning processes.