About the course
This course includes the comprehensive study of qualified retirement plans, other tax-advantaged plans, non-qualified plans, and employee benefits in a manner that integrates the overall concepts of financial planning.
Upon completing this course, successful students will be able to:
- Gain a firm grasp of retirement planning concepts.
- Undergo a comprehensive study of the characteristics of retirement plans including qualified, nonqualified, tax-advantaged plans and employee/group benefits; Social Security and Medicare as they apply to a given planning situation.
- Learn about plan characteristics, advantages, disadvantages and be able to recommend the appropriate plan to a given employer or situation.
- Understand implementation, administration and items such as discrimination testing, participation requirements, and contribution limits at the plan level.
- Learn how these plans integrate with financial planning concepts and financial planning processes.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.