XCOM-704 - Building A Sustainable Culture of Storytelling
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
Everyone within a team or an organization must be part of the storytelling process if it is to be a sustainable strategy. Georgetown University research shows that two main components are present in groups with strong cultures of storytelling: mindset and appreciation for stories, as well as the capacity to create them. In this course, students first assess the current culture or storytelling within their own social impact setting. Through expert interviews, case studies and the sharing of experiences within the cohort, students will then choose custom strategies to employ that will work to build a culture of storytelling within their own setting.
- Explain why organizational culture is important in a social impact setting
- Provide examples of strong cultures of storytelling
- Assess the current storytelling culture
- Identify storytelling opportunities and challenges
- Choose strategies to employ to build a culture of storytelling