This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has the power to transform organizations. In this course you’ll learn how AI, machine learning, and big data are changing the nature of work and explore potential future applications of AI. Through discussions with thought leaders and academic experts, you’ll learn from real-world examples of organizations that have implemented AI into their business model and you’ll walk away with newfound knowledge and insights to start transforming your organization’s strategies.
Module 1: Understanding AI Technologies
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has the power to transform organizations. You’ll learn how AI, machine learning, and big data are changing the nature of work, and you’ll explore potential future applications of AI. Through engaging discussions with a thought leader and academic expert, you’ll learn from real-world case studies of organizations that have implemented AI into their business model and you’ll walk away with newfound knowledge and insights to start transforming your own organization’s strategies with AI.
- Understand the characteristics and differences of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Big Data
- Understand how AI could potentially disrupt and transform the way organizations are managed and gain a competitive advantage
- Explore case studies focusing on organizations that have successfully and unsuccessfully adopted AI technologies
- Discuss how a business would begin the process of evaluating potential AI technologies and their implementation into their business model
Module 2: Architecting the Cognitive Enterprise
Today’s organization’s foundation and sustainability is immersed in an intelligent and knowledge based economy. In this module, you will compare and contrast the business components that supports the movement of today’s organizations and positions today’s leaders to integrate intelligence and knowledge as distinct and critical drivers of organizational performance. Through engaging discussions with a thought leader and academic expert, you’ll learn from academic frameworks, models, and real-world case studies, the foundational and operational components that facilitate the application and transformation of yesterday’s data-driven organization to today’s intelligent enterprise.
- Understand the foundational components to transform an organization from data-driven to knowledge-driven.
- Understand how failing to establish a solid foundation focused on intelligence may impact the sustainment, growth and renewal of an organization in today’s economy.
- Become cognizant of how to identify, interpret and apply theoretical frameworks, models and practices from other organizations to design a thinking architecture within your organization.
- Increase your individual knowledge about data, information, intelligence and knowledge that surrounds today’s organizations.
Module 3: The Value and Disruption of Knowing
Leader’s decisions within an organization are driven by what they “know”. Thus, the outcome of our leader’s decisions can proliferate across many boundaries in a global society. In this module, you will be introduced to the multi-faceted practices that align with the execution of work in the 21st century. Through engaging discussions with a thought leader and academic expert, and real life case studies, you will be introduced to the valuation components that are incorporated into business models that deliver insight into organizational performance and the legal, policy and ethical issues that surround the decisions of today's leaders of the intelligent enterprise.
- Understand the value components that drive today’s decision making models.
- Understand the importance of having a multi-dimensional view of organizations.
- Become cognizant of how to identify, interpret and apply these concepts into your decision-making practices.
- Increase your individual knowledge about business valuation component and the legal, policy and ethical issues that are pertinent when making decisions in a global society.
Trust the experts
Annie Green has a Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) from the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) at George Washington University and a Masters in Information Systems (M.S.I.S) from George Mason University. She is a Systems Engineer, Knowledge Strategist/Architect and Methodologist. She has ...
Currently, I am the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) and a professor in the Department of Computer Science at Georgetown University. My research interests include machine learning, data mining, on-line learning algorithms, concept drift, and applications of machine learning and data mining...