Who should attend
- Human resource managers and line managers
- Project and team leads
- Other experienced professionals who find themselves in situations where they have to resolve conflicts among team members and other employees
About the course
Conflicts are inevitable in every human relationship. They are a natural feature of human communication that managers often have to deal with among their employees on a daily basis. Conflicts need not be seen as negative; however, if not resolved effectively, they can have devastating effects on employee morale, productivity, and customer relations.
On the flip side, effectively resolving conflicts boosts employee productivity, creativity and attitude to work. An amicable atmosphere at the workplace is essential for increased productivity and output on the part of employees thus making conflict management essential to the success and growth of any company.
Managers need to develop the skills to identify and resolve conflicts that arise in the workplace in order to ensure corporate productivity and growth.
- Understanding conflicts
- Identifying different sources of conflicts
- Identifying and understanding your conflict resolution style
- Effective interpersonal communication techniques
- Effective organizational crisis communication techniques
- The conflict resolution process
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
After the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand and identify conflicts
- Understand the causes/sources of conflicts in their company
- Identify and understand their conflict management styles
- Develop conflict management skills
- Drive the resolution of conflicts among reports, team members, and colleagu
Dr Eugene Ohu is a senior lecturer and the head of the department of Organisational Behaviour/Human Resource Management. His teaching areas include Management Communication, Human Behaviour in Organisations and Digital Marketing in the MBA and Executive Education programs of the Lagos Business Sc...
Kemi Ogunyemi holds a degree in Law from the University of Ibadan, an LLM from University of Strathclyde, and MBA and PhD degrees from Pan-Atlantic University. She currently teaches business ethics, managerial anthropology, and sustainability management at the Lagos Business School. Her consulti...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.