Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
The programme has been designed specifically for today's female executives and those who aspire to leadership roles in both the public and private sector.
About the course
Today's business environment has never been more challenging for women in senior leadership roles. Working with other senior women leaders you will learn how to leverage your personal leadership style, overcome the barriers to success and develop your career in times of change.
During the programme you will:
- Explore latest thinking and best practice on women in leadership issues
- Work in small groups to share insights and compare experiences
- Hear from inspirational women who have reached the top of their careers
- Have the opportunity to review and develop your own personal leadership style and approach through personal assessment and feedback
- Benefit from one-to-one coaching sessions to reflect on your career opportunities and develop your own personal plan to achieve them
- Have the opportunity to develop your network with like-minded professional senior women
- Be reenergised to inspire and lead with lasting impact
What does the course cover?
The programme has been designed as 5 x 1 day modules, with pre-work and inter-module work included. Participants will need to attend all 5 modules
The core content includes:
- What is a leader?
- Values, aspirations and understanding your personal leadership style
- Emotional intelligence and trust leadership
- Small change, big impact
- Power, politics, and networking
- Culture, unconscious bias and damaging beliefs
- How to build coalitions, develop networks and make lasting connections
- Presence, influencing skills and building resilience
- Dealing with barriers
- Career progression – what do I need to do?
How will I benefit?
As a participant on this programme you will:
- Enhance your power to communicate and negotiate in challenging situations
- Develop your self-awareness, personal and professional development skills
- Broaden your impact and ability to influence
- Understand your core strengths and use them to enhance your leadership capability
- Develop your personal capability to build trust and leadership
- Build critical partnerships and networks
How will my organisation benefit?
Your organisation will benefit from:
- An increased level of energy and confidence
- Leaders with a clearer understanding of challenges and how to overcome them
- A better understanding of emotional intelligence and personal effectiveness and how this can impact the business
- Improved team dynamics and motivation
- Greater progression within the business
- People who understand how to get the best out of every situation
Personal profile Research interests My research focuses on the link between Business Strategy, HR Strategy and Change Management. I am particularly interested in the relationship between organisational change and individual transition. I teach and consult on an international basis. I specia...
Caroline is Deputy Chair of the Equalities and Human Rights Commission, Vice President of Carers UK, Associate at Marylebone Executive Search and founder of CW’s Consulting Box where she provides strategic HR and transformation insight to both private and public sector organisations. Caroline hel...
Ruby McGregor-Smith joined our Board of Trustees in June 2017. She is a portfolio Non-Executive Director and Advisory Director, with current positions at the Department of Education and Bath University, and she was previously Chief Executive of MITIE Group plc, the strategic outsourcing company, ...
Margaret Heffernan was born in Texas, grew up in the Netherlands and was educated at Cambridge University. She produced drama and documentary programs for the BBC for 13 years, then moved back to the US where she became a serial entrepreneur and CEO in the early days of the internet. All of Heff...
Fiona Kendrick, former Chairman and CEO of Nestlé UK&I, is Deputy Chair of the Institute for Apprenticeships Board and Chair of the new University of Hereford for Engineers. Fiona sits on the Food & Drink Sector Council and is part of the PWC Advisory Committee. Joining Nestlé UK in 1980...
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.