Who should attend
- Women in senior management positions
- Women in top management positions in medium size businesses
- Professionals , consultants and owners of NGOs
About the course
Women have become a dominant force in the workplace. Despite different challenges, many are rising to top management positions in both the private and public sectors of the economy. Some have successfully broken the glass ceiling and others are aspiring to do so. As leaders, women have the responsibility to drive their teams to achieve and exceed targets. This needs creativity, innovation, professionalism and ability to get the best from team members. Women often have to work harder and smarter to get to the top.
This programme will assist these women sharpen their leadership skills in order to succeed in today's challenging world. It will help them fine-tune their strategies for effective leadership. This three-day programme would help them explore and leverage on contemporary leadership tools that have helped organizations achieve high performance. It will cover different management concepts, effective leadership essentials, creative and problem solving skills and afford them opportunities to share their experiences and learn from each other.
- Effective Leadership Essentials
- Women in Leadership - Unique Roles and Responsibilities
- Effective Leadership Skills and Competencies
- Nature of Man
- Virtuous Leadership
- Self-Mastery and Creative Skills
- Analysis of Business Problems and Decision Making
- Negotiation Skills
- Developing Behaviours for High Performance
- Transformative Leadership
- Leading High Performance Team/Executive Coaching
- Leading Your Business to the Future
- Integrating Work and Family
- Developing Concrete Action Plan
Key Learning Outcomes
- Learn to have a better understanding of leadership as they aspire to top management positions
- Acquire skills and competencies for effective leadership
- Gain an insight and better understanding of virtuous leadership
- Understand the nature of man for managing complex relationships
- Sharpen negotiation skills
- Acquire self-mastery and creative skills
- Develop competencies to navigate the challenges facing women leaders
- Reinvent and reposition self to top management position
- Grow from functional to top management position
- Learn to leverage the strengths and unique assets of being women
- Learn to integrate life with career growth
- Develop concrete personal action plan for implementation
She holds an MBA from IESE Business School, Barcelona and a second Master’s degree in Applied Philosophy and Ethics (MAPE) from Strathmore University in Nairobi, Kenya. Prior to joining LBS, Rose had worked as the Managing Director of JMJ Consulting Ltd, a training consulting firm and as a Direct...
Prior to his faculty appointment, Uche Attoh served on the Industrial Arbitration Panel, where, following a Federal appointment, he had for 8 years presided/participated in Tribunals constituted for the purpose of adjudicating over Trade Disputes and Labour-Management Conflict in accordance with ...
Yetunde Anibaba (Ph.D.) is a management educator and organisational development professional. She teaches Analysis of Business Problems (ABP) and decision-making on full-time and Executive MBA, as well as other senior executive education programmes at Lagos Business School. She has designed and ...
Dr Oparison is a senior fellow at Lagos Business School with over 25 years’ management and leadership experience in blue-chip multinational companies. Oparison obtained his master’s degree and Doctorate in Business Policy and Organisational Development from the University of Wales, Cardiff. He w...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.