Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The “Winning Negotiation Strategies” program will especially address the needs of senior business executives, entrepreneurs, negotiators and mediators looking to develop and enhance their negotiation skills, including professional negotiators, lawyers and those responsible for managing complex, multinational negotiations. Winning Negotiation Strategies helps leaders develop the personal frameworks, the “mediator mindset” and the preparatory techniques to ensure a win in any complex negotiation.
About the course
From good to great negotiations
Today’s executives face with a wide range of challenges: from multicultural negotiations, ethical dilemmas to negotiating in a deal-making situation. As a senior leader your personal and professional effectiveness rests on your success in these situations. Turn from a good negotiator into a great one.
- Achieve a better awareness of your personal negotiation style
- Foster more effective relationships through the ability to analyse counterparts in different cultures and regions
- Gain the ability to align negotiation strategy with strategic business objectives
- Develop a framework to succeed in complex negotiation situations
The “Winning Negotiation Strategies” program content delivers the competencies and insights needed to win:
Negotiation and Technology
- Understanding how to negotiate in a physical and virtual context – online, on video and face to face
- The blended format allows participants to experience of the impact of choice of communication channel and its impact on negotiation performance
Negotiating in a Multicultural World
- Addressing cultural differences and preparing to negotiate with counterparts from across the world
- Participants will analyze their own negotiation style and its potential impact across different cultures – enabling effective negotiation with cultures that participants may not have been exposed to
Negotiation and Emotions
- What emotions do we provoke when we negotiate? Understanding the power of emotion in a negotiation
- Participants will explore how counterparts react to them on an emotional level, how to capture those emotions, and how to control their own emotions to achieve a successful conclusion
Negotiating a Deal
- Exploring the process of complex negotiation – for example, for an investment deal, a leveraged buyout, merger or acquisition
- With ineffective negotiation tactics resulting in poor deals, the program highlights successful strategies to deal-making
Corporate Conflicts and Mediation
- Understanding to develop a ‘mediator mindset’ to tackle the many issues of conflict
- The program explores different mediation strategies and how each can be effective in a range of conflict situations
Negotiation in complex Situations
- A best practice approach to negotiation in complex situations – from dealing with a hostile counterpart to negotiating with those possessing unlimited power
- Participants will explore a range of complex scenarios and will develop a personal framework for preparation to ensure success in every case
Blended Ed. Methodology
IESE’s blended programs accelerate growth and boost business performance through a strategic and seamless interplay of highly engaging online and onsite content.
Program delivery generally extends over virtual and on-campus modules — magnifying the learning impact — while our virtual campus serves as a hub for all of your learning needs.
The “Winning Negotiation Strategies” blended program in particular comprises an online module and a two-day on-campus module.
In order to benefit fully from the course, reading the academic material that will be provided two weeks prior to the start date is essential.
Kandarp Mehta is a PhD from IESE Business School, Barcelona. He has been with the Entrepreneurship Department at IESE since October 2009. His research has focused on creativity in organizations and negotiations. He frequently works as consultant with startups on issues related to Innovation and C...
Areas of Interest Leadership and strategy Coaching and change management Power and influence in organizations Guido Stein is Professor in the Department of Managing People in Organizations and Director of the Negotiation Unit. He is partner of Inicia Corporate (M&A and Corporate Finance). ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.