About the course
With recent seismic shifts in the way we interact and connect in the workplace, effective leadership is needed now more than ever. This program helps leaders develop the skills needed for success in the new working environment. Discover the key attributes of effective virtual leaders. Explore how different leadership styles impact productivity and engagement in the digital space. Learn how small shifts in your leadership style can yield big results for your team and, ultimately, your organization.
Segment one: the virtual leader
- Foundational concepts of virtual leadership
- 3 people-oriented aspects & 3 process-oriented aspects of virtual leadership
Segment two: leadership styles
- The primary leadership styles
- How these styles impact work in a virtual space
Segment three: navigating adaptive challenges
- How leaders navigate adaptive challenges
- The importance of questions in addressing adaptive challenges
Scott J. Allen, Ph.D., is the Standard Products—Dr. James S. Reid Chair in Management at John Carroll University. Allen is an associate professor and teaches courses in leadership, management skills, and executive communication. In 2014 he was awarded the Wasmer Outstanding Teaching Award for his...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.