Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is designed for Plant electricians, mechanics, electrical and mechanical foremen, QC personnel, engineering personnel, and operations personnel.
About the course
This course provides a total in-depth insight into valve and actuator technology, covering: control valves, check valves, shut-off valves, solenoid valves, pressure relief valves along with limiter torque. A methodology is presented to ensure the optimum selection of size, choice of body and trim materials, components, and ancillaries. Whilst studying both liquid and gas valve sizing, delegates will also learn the correct procedures for calculating the spring 'wind-up' or 'bench set'. Maintenance issues also include: testing for dead-band/hysteresis, stick-slip, and non-linearity; on-line diagnostics; and signature analysis. Throughout the course, delegates will learn through active participation using exercises, questionnaires, and practical sessions covering: systems choice; basic sizing calculations; computer-based sizing; and maintenance diagnostics.
Upon successful completion of this course, each delegate will be able to:
- Apply and gain a comprehensive knowledge on valve actuators and torque limiter
- Identify various types of valves and actuators
- Carry-out proper valve testing and diagnostic
- Enumerate the type of Limitorque actuator and describe their design and application differences
- Perform all required preventative maintenance on a Limitorque actuator
- Perform disassembly, inspection, repair, adjustments, lubrication, and reassembly of Limitorque actuator models
- Perform troubleshooting of both mechanical and electrical problems on malfunctioning Limitorque actuators
- Various types of valves
- Introduction to actuators
- Valve selection
- Actuators and positioners
- Valve testing and diagnostics
- Maintenance and repair
- Lubrication Requirements of Limitorque Actuators
- Including the Parts Requiring Lubrication
- The Authorized Types of Lubrications
- Specified Lubrication Frequency for The Different Actuator Parts
- Hazards and Possible Consequences of Mixing Different Types of Lubricants.
- Operation of The Actuator in The Manual Mode
- Tripper Finger Assembly
- Clutch Ring and Clutch Keys
- Declutch Shaft and Handle
- Handwheel And Handwheel Gear
- Worm Shaft Clutch
- Worm Shaft Clutch Gear
- Handwheel Clutch Gear
- Declutch Link
- Declutching Shaft Torsion Spring
- Types of Torque Limiter
- Disconnect Types
- Shear Pin
- Synchronous Magnetic
- Ball Detent
- Pawl and Spring
- Torque Limiting Types
- Friction Plate
- Magnetic Particle
- Magnetic Hysteresis
- Typical Failures of Limitorque Actuators & Troubleshooting Techniques for Mechanical Problems
- Basic Electrical Control Circuit of a Limitorque Actuator
- Torque Switch Calibration/Adjustment
- Typical Torque Switch and Limit Switch Operation and Function
- Procedure for Adjusting Limit Switch Settings
- Disassemble, Inspect, Repair, Reassemble, And Make Necessary Adjustments on Limitorque Actuator Models
- Inspection Procedure for Mechanical and Electrical Components of All Limitorque Actuator Models
- Course Conclusion
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.