Value Creation for Owners and Directors
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with INSEAD Business School.Full disclaimer.
Sustaining performance through active ownership
Value Creation for Owners and Directors is a four-day programme designed to develop the skills and knowledge for highly effective ownership and board membership. Due to a significant shift of responsibility for company performance and sustainability (that is, value creation and preservation) from management to the boardroom, business owners and directors need to play an increasingly active and critical role in strategic guidance, oversight and effective decision-making.
This programme focuses on the key areas of value creation, including finance, governance, strategy, leadership and organisational skills. Through specifically developed INSEAD frameworks and tools, the programme provides business owners and directors with the skills that will enable them to incorporate the concept of value creation in a more systematic, principled and disciplined approach.
HOW YOU BENEFIT
- Understanding of responsibilities: Understand the broader context in which owners and directors operate and the responsibilities that come with an ownership or director mandate.
- Overview of knowledge and competencies: Gain an overview of the knowledge and competencies expected from owners and directors today.
- Skills to create board culture: Develop skills that contribute to the creation of a high-performing board culture.
- Ability to challenge: Hone the ability to challenge other directors, investors, executives and experts through positive exchanges focused on the key issues that underpin value creation.
The Value Creation for Owners and Directors programme develops both knowledge and actionable skills during four days of focused engagement. Our frameworks and tools enable you to pursue a more systematic, principled and disciplined approach to value creation.
The programme covers six essential topics as follows.
VALUE CREATION AND FINANCING
- Why financial creation is a relevant dimension to consider at investor and controller level
- Identifying the key financial issues that your company faces in growing
- Determining your goals
- A set of tools to screen corporate financial policies and growth plans
OWNERSHIP AND DIRECTOR CHALLENGES
- The five dimensions of owner and director challenges in the pursuit of value creation
- Overcoming the hurdles to sustainable value creation
- The key principle of 'Fair Process Leadership'
- The creation of mutual trust and commitment
- Growth: the main source of value creation
- Strategic options for growth: organic expansion, M&As, alliances
- Financial insights to select the right strategy and ensure successful growth
- How the different options for growth have different requirements and different risk profiles
- Identification of key risk domains
- How to assess risk, including the financial evaluation of performance
- Developing an effective risk management strategy and process
- How to adapt your value creation strategy – and re-adapt it for implementation
- Internal and external auditing
- The fundamental choices of the owner: exit, voice or loyalty
Who should attend
Value Creation for Owners and Directors is designed for owners and directors of private and listed companies, including chairs of boards and shareholders in family firms. It will also benefit senior professionals from the institutional investment community, managers of sovereign wealth funds or strategic investment units, and professionals from firms that serve boards and their committees.