Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Professionals making or advising on investment decisions.
- Professionals in finance roles from any industry with a need to build expertise in valuation.
- Professionals responsible for optimising the valuation of their organisation.
- Participants include analysts, consultants and strategists, investors, economists, lawyers, financial planners and advisors, and board members.
- You must have prior knowledge of accounting and financial ratios gained through at least three years of professional experience OR have completed our Accounting and Financial Analysis programme.
About the course
Develop a practical toolkit to value companies and capital projects, and make investment decisions.
Learn why value is more than just a price
Do you really know a company's worth? The more quantitative the model, the better the valuation. Take your corporate finance knowledge and insight to the next level.
Benefits for you
- Equip yourself with rigorous valuation tools, and learn how to value real investment projects, stocks and bonds, and cross-border investments.
- Deepen your knowledge of assets and liabilities, make better financial decisions and discover how to value alternative assets.
- Benefit from hands-on technical know-how to calculate the cost of capital, value real assets and think about investment decisions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of capital market behaviour, risk and net present value.
- Equip yourself with rigorous valuation tools and learn to make sound judgement calls about the value of your business.
- Develop the confidence to lead on restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, financing challenges and opportunities facing your organisation.
Benefits for your organisation
- Drive the right investment decisions. Gain an in-depth understanding of both your company and your numbers.
- Maximise your company’s potential, increasing portfolio returns, identifying the best projects and optimising funding choices.
What you learn
- Discover capital budgeting and appraisals, examine the workings of capital markets, and master the principles of capital structure.
- Explore a range of valuation tools and techniques, including how to apply cash flow analysis, cost of capital analysis, and risk analysis.
- Understand intricacies of illiquidity and optimal financing, including key issues like governance, cross-border transactions and leverage.
- Perform valuations on private companies like Google and Nike, using real-world cases. Learn how to put a value on any firm in a global context.
How you learn
- Work in a group to value a real life company, and embed your new technical skills by presenting your views on the investment decisions it should make.
- Use tutor support to dive deeper into theory and debate recent industry changes. Reflect on how to apply your learnings within your organisation.
- Discuss, debate and explore key business issues with a diverse group of peers.
Your learning experience
- Benefit from faculty expertise led by three-time-winner of the Brattle Prize for outstanding corporate finance research, Professor Christopher Hennessy.
- Experience both group work and individual study – take time to reflect on your own learning journey.
Professor of Finance BA (Swarthmore), MA and PhD (Princeton University) Professor Christopher Hennessy's research focuses on information economics, moral hazard and debt, debt restructuring, tax planning, financing dynamics and credit risk. His work has been published in the Journal of Finance,...
Anna Pavlova is Professor of Finance at London Business School, a former Director of the European Finance Association and a European Research Council’s starting grants panel member. She is an active Research Fellow of the Centre for Economic Policy Research and an editor of Annals of Finance. ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.