Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with London Business School.Full disclaimer.
Develop a practical toolkit to value companies and capital projects, and make investment decisions.
Learn why value is more than just a price
Do you really know a company's worth? The more quantitative the model, the better the valuation. Take your corporate finance knowledge and insight to the next level.
Benefits for you
- Equip yourself with rigorous valuation tools, and learn how to value real investment projects, stocks and bonds, and cross-border investments.
- Deepen your knowledge of assets and liabilities, make better financial decisions and discover how to value alternative assets.
- Benefit from hands-on technical know-how to calculate the cost of capital, value real assets and think about investment decisions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of capital market behaviour, risk and net present value.
- Equip yourself with rigorous valuation tools and learn to make sound judgement calls about the value of your business.
- Develop the confidence to lead on restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, financing challenges and opportunities facing your organisation.
Benefits for your organisation
- Drive the right investment decisions. Gain an in-depth understanding of both your company and your numbers.
- Maximise your company’s potential, increasing portfolio returns, identifying the best projects and optimising funding choices.
What you learn
- Discover capital budgeting and appraisals, examine the workings of capital markets, and master the principles of capital structure.
- Explore a range of valuation tools and techniques, including how to apply cash flow analysis, cost of capital analysis, and risk analysis.
- Understand intricacies of illiquidity and optimal financing, including key issues like governance, cross-border transactions and leverage.
- Perform valuations on private companies like Google and Nike, using real-world cases. Learn how to put a value on any firm in a global context.
How you learn
- Work in a group to value a real life company, and embed your new technical skills by presenting your views on the investment decisions it should make.
- Use tutor support to dive deeper into theory and debate recent industry changes. Reflect on how to apply your learnings within your organisation.
- Discuss, debate and explore key business issues with a diverse group of peers.
Your learning experience
- Benefit from faculty expertise led by three-time-winner of the Brattle Prize for outstanding corporate finance research, Professor Christopher Hennessy.
- Experience both group work and individual study – take time to reflect on your own learning journey.
Who should attend
- Professionals making or advising on investment decisions.
- Professionals in finance roles from any industry with a need to build expertise in valuation.
- Professionals responsible for optimising the valuation of their organisation.
- Participants include analysts, consultants and strategists, investors, economists, lawyers, financial planners and advisors, and board members.
- You must have prior knowledge of accounting and financial ratios gained through at least three years of professional experience OR have completed our Accounting and Financial Analysis programme.