Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Non-financial managers in any functional area who want a solid understanding of strategic finance to make better business desicions
- Business executives looking to refine their existing finance and accounting skills
- Organizations that want to improve their operational and financial performance, and formulate strategies to maximize value
About the course
- Understand the key concepts that underpin accounting
- Assess risk and investment opportunities accurately
- Discover better ways to mitigate risk when structuring capital projects
- Improve your organization's operational and financial performance
Become confident in finance with this personalized online program
Already a successful manager, your main goal is to improve your financial knowledge to make better business decisions. You realize a deeper knowledge of finance and accounting offers you the edge over others in your industry.
Business Finance gives you a clear understanding of your own company's financials - and the impact you can make on them. You will become comfortable with financial statements and financial analysis, and able to make valid risk assessments of competing expenditures and cost-reduction projects.
Equipped with a new financial tool-set, you will formulate strategies that maximize value for your organization.
Your Learning Journey
Unit 1: Financial statements: The language of business
- Understand key accounting concepts
- Obtain an overview of main financial statements
- Apply theory to financial statements
Unit 2: Financial analysis, ratios and return on invested capital
- Learn how to evaluate company performance
- Discuss managerial implications of financial analysis
Unit 3: Risk, return and weighted average cost of capital
- Examine the relationship between risk and return
- Acquire knowledge about capital asset pricing, credit spreads and company beta
- Calculate weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
Unit 4: Capital budgeting and project valuation
- Understand project valuation criteria
- Assess investment options
- Forecast cash flows in real projects
- Develop project valuation models in Excel
- Perform sensitivity analysis
Unit 5: Capital structure and financing strategies
- Evaluate different capital structures, associated risks and benefits
- Explore implications for raising capital and valuation.
Salvatore Cantale is Professor of Finance at IMD. His major research and consulting interests are in value creation, valuation, and the way in which corporations structure liabilities and choose financing options. Additionally, he is interested in the relation between finance and leadership, and ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.