Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
- Acquire the key concepts in the field of management control and budgeting procedure.
- Explore decision-making, especially within the contexts of investment, product portfolio outsourcing and price setting.
- Review the tools generally made available to managers by their finance department.
- Identifying the cost structure of a department
- Analysing the impact on costs of increasing or decreasing activity levels
- Estimating the value contribution of a product
- Evaluating how customer behaviour can turn profitable products into loss-makers
- Analysing the tools used to adequately price products and services
- Handling and differentiating between management control and budgeting procedures
Who should attend
This programme is designed for professionals of various types (top management, heads of SMEs and micro-businesses, managers and employees) from all sectors of the economy. It will enable you to improve your understanding of the impact your decisions will have on the financial health of your professional activity, project or company, and simultaneously raise your efficiency as a manager.
Key admissions criteria
- A university-level diploma or equivalent professional experience
- Proof of motivation and a professional need to take the programme
- English proficiency (language certificate or proof of studies/work experience in English)
- Master the basics of Excel
Trust the experts
Mathias Schmit has a PhD in Finance from the Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (Brussels), where he is a Professor of Finance and conducts research into banking and microfinance at the Centre Emile Bernheim (a Solvay Brussels School Research Centre). He is regularly invited at IN...
Prof. Carlos Desmet teaches the MBA course in Business Ethics and Compliance Management at BSL. He founded in 2014 an international consultancy firm dedicated to Business Ethics and Compliance Management. He is also convinced that education of emerging leaders is key in that area and teaches main...