Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Those in charge for designing and managing a budgetary system
- The Staff Person who will be responsible for entering data into the budget system or training others how to enter information
- Those who want to gain control of the firm's financial standing and obtain a firm grasp on the numbers side of their job
- Financial Professionals, R&D Professionals, Sales / Marketing Professionals, General Accounting Professionals, Business Unit Professionals
About the course
Budget preparation, cost allocation and control are important elements for all organisations regardless of their sizes. It is important for organisations that the employees have the budgetary skills and able to analyse the costs effectively. Such skills are important in times of increasing global competition where the budgets are inextricably linked with both strategy formulation and cost analysis. Understanding budgeting and costing are essentials for organisations and likely to contribute significantly to their success in contemporary competitive environment. This Oxford training is relevant for those professionals & analysts facing the difficult challenge of improving performance while reducing costs of those processes for which they are accountable.
The Oxford seminar will provide delegates with the necessary tools and techniques to enable the delegates to:
- Understand costs behaviour more accurately
- Deliver more timely and useful information to decision-makers
- Understand capital budgeting
- Identify & manage key financial indicators for the business
- Be able to interpret the financial impact of strategic directions
- Understand the problems of overheads allocation and how Activity-Based Analysis may aid decision making and pricing strategies
- Select the performance measurement systems that work
The Oxford seminar covers a range of topics, the following will be prioritized:
- Budgeting and the Management System of Contemporary Organizations
- From Strategic to Operating Plans
- Measuring and Managing the Performance
- Principles of Budgeting
- Main Issues with Budget Preparation
- Fixed vs. Variable Costs: The Cost-Volume Profit Analysis Model
- Contribution Margin Analysis
- Traditional Cost Allocation Systems vs. Activity-Based Costing (ABC)
- Beyond Budgeting: Integrating Financial and Pre-financial Information
- The Drivers of Value Creation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.