About the course
Organizations today must understand and leverage 7 critical attributes of cohesive, productive and resilient teams. This 1 day interactive course guides participants through a learning experience to develop the seven attributes and behaviors that are critical to high productivity and effectiveness. The seven critical team attributes include: Trust, Appreciation, Communication, Creativity & Ideation, Meeting Management, Behavior Management and Problem Solving & Decision Making.
10% Culture and Team Formation
- Intentionally creating an environment where employees thrive
- Developing highly productive teams, increasing efficiency, cohesion, productivity and commitment
- Improving team productivity & effectiveness through increased engagement & development strategies
- Understanding the impact of culture on productivity
20% Critical Team Attribute: Trust
- Learning 5 key elements of effective trust
- Discovering behaviors that either enhance or erode trust
- Understanding how to communicate in a way that builds trust
15% Critical Team Attribute: Communication
- Understanding the critical components of communication
- Developing communication strategies that resonate with all stakeholders
50% Critical Team Attributes: Appreciation, Creativity & Ideation, Meeting Management, Behavior Management and Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Leveraging the power of appreciation in the workplace
- Increasing creativity and ideation through diversity of thought
- Producing outcomes through effective meeting management
- Increasing productivity and cohesiveness through effective behavior management
- Developing problem solving and decision making skills in order to yield optimal solutions
5% Team Development Action Planning
- Creating sustainable strategies to build, manage, and sustain team cohesiveness and increase workplace productivity
- Testing and improving current team performance through a series of interactive team building challenges
- Understanding current team performance and determine specific plans to improve performance
- Determining immediate next steps: Identifying actions that you will stop, start and continue
Dr. Ellen Burts-Cooper is the senior managing partner of Improve Consulting and Training Group, a firm that provides personal and professional development training, coaching and consultation. Improve has been featured in Time Magazine, Black Voices, Smart Business Magazine and Bloomberg Businessw...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.