Transformational Industrial (IR) and Employee Relations (ER) Workshop
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Oxford Management Centre.Full disclaimer.
This Oxford dynamic workshop on Transformational Labour & Industrial Relations will provide participants with a thorough understanding of Labour and Industrial Relations (IR). Industrial Relations is concerned with the maintenance of the employment relationship, essentially how trade unions and management of an organisation interact.
Industrial Relations has undergone many changes over the past decade, but it continues to be a critical area for all organisations. Industrial Relations is about employers and unions communicating and negotiating effectively. It is about seeing the ‘big picture’ and helping the organisation take appropriate action to maintain good working relationships at all levels. This dynamic and interactive workshop will help you transform your industrial relations, so it meets the needs of all stakeholders over the coming decade.
This Oxford training workshop will highlight:
- Employee Relations (ER & IR) – What it is and What it should be?
- The economic, legal & social perspectives of IR
- The employment relationship and the psychological contract
- Negotiation skills for collective bargaining
- How to manage workplace conflict?
- An Introduction to Mediation Techniques
By the end of this Oxford Workshop, participants will learn to:
- Develop a collaborative approach to labour & industrial relations
- Examine techniques and methodologies for enhancing & transforming IR
- Appreciate the importance of employee engagement and empowerment
- Understand the people factors in IR
- Critically analyse the possibilities of effective conflict resolution
- Utilise mediation skills as a practical intervention into disputes
Participants in this Oxford Workshop will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the Workshop outline with the facilitator utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques.
This Workshop is very participatory and interactive. It involves skill practice in a group setting. Training methodology includes individual and group activities that will intersperse the sessions. A variety of practical sessions, relevant case studies, simulations, and group games and activities are programmed into this Workshop.
- An appreciation of the benefits of transformational IR in the workplace
- A focus on best-practices in labour and industrial relations
- Stronger labour management relations
- Reduced time and costs spent on grievance arbitration
- Promoting and supporting collaboration in negotiations
- Improve your effectiveness as a trade union delegate or official
- Develop practical, transferable skills and competencies
- Better understand the future of labour and industrial relations
- Practical skills in the practice of mediation
- Learn about the modern role of the union official or delegate
Who should attend
- Union Delegates and Officials
- Employee Relations (ER) Personnel
- Industrial Relations (IR) Personnel
- Human Resource Management (HRM) Professionals who need to understand Industrial Relations & Employee Relations
- Those managers who would benefit from an understanding of trade union issues
- Anyone who wants to learn practical skills in labour negotiation and workplace mediation