Who should attend
This OXFORD training course is suitable to a wide range of healthcare professionals and managers who will greatly benefit:
- Managers and clinicians jointly responsible for leading healthcare organisations
- Managers and clinicians responsible for quality care provision
- Line and functional managers, team leaders and supervisors
- Managers and leaders new to leadership roles
- Managers and leaders wanting to further develop leadership capabilities
About the course
e of followership as well as leadership. Leadership styles: innate leadership and employing new techniques and approaches. The importance of communication with all stakeholders - internal and external. The need to encourage innovation. The importance of organisational culture in delivering quality of care.
This OXFORD training course will highlight:
- Current issues and challenges in global delivery of healthcare
- The importance of leadership in health care provision
- The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and preparing for the future
- Key elements in organisational leadership
- Personal leadership capabilities
At the end of this OXFORD training course, you will learn to:
- Explore leadership theory and practice
- Build confidence and self-awareness
- Gain perspectives on current healthcare management challenges
- Develop understanding of how organisations work
- Understand the impact of culture on innovation
This OXFORD training course utilizes a range of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes discussions, case studies, presentations and exercises. Above all the course leader will make extensive use of real-life case examples of organisations with which they have been personally involved.
Each session provides opportunities to develop skills using case experience and apply them to your organisation generating improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
What will your organisation gain from employees attending this OXFORD training course?
- More confident and effective leaders
- Understanding of key healthcare challenges
- Recognition of leaders’ impact on organisational culture
- Improved communications with stakeholders
- Better teamwork
- Enhanced quality of care
Participants will be able to further develop their personal management skills by being:
- Greater understanding of different leadership styles
- More self-awareness
- Better able to lead teams
- More effective communicating with stakeholders
- Greater understanding of global healthcare opportunities and challenges
- Greater recognition of the impact of leadership on quality of healthcare delivery
Health and Social Care Context
- Global perspectives on health and social care
- Different business models for delivery
- The impact of Covid-19 on delivery in the UK
- Review and discussion of the impact in your country/region?
- How could world health be improved?
- What is the role of innovation in delivering healthcare?
Ethics in delivery of Healthcare
- The Four principles of health care ethics
- Different perspectives: manager, clinician, patient
- Case Study
- Advances in science, technology and telehealth
- Psychological biases in decision-making
- Healthcare as a business
The Pandemic - lessons learned?
- Business continuity
- Crisis management
- Was Covid-19 a Black Swan?
- An example of Good Hospital Practice
- Lessons learned?
- Past and future pandemics…
Leading Healthcare Organisations
- Are healthcare organisations different?
- Why is health the focus and care overlooked?
- Different health & social care structures
- Managing Key Stakeholders
- How to assess and manage risk
- Performance measurement and management
Future Opportunities and Challenges
- External environment
- Innovations in health & social care
- Organisational capabilities
- Using SWOT analysis and results
- The planning process
- Transactional & Transformational Leadership Styles
- Goleman and Emotional Intelligence
- Servant Leadership
- Dispersed Leadership
- Leader - Follower relations
- Motivating self and others
Focus on Self
- Working Styles
- Interpersonal Skills
- Managing conflict
- Achieving outcomes
Focus on teams
- Exploring team working
- Team effectiveness/high performance
- Team leadership
- Team boundaries
- Effective meetings
Focus on Quality Outcomes
- Defining outcomes
- Delivering Objectives/Targets
- Balancing need with resources
- Developing a culture of continuous improvement
- Encouraging decision-making on the front line
- Ethical challenges
Review and Further Development
- Navigating the health and social care system as a leader
- The importance of developing key relationships
- Managing the clinical v. management collaboration
- A review of practical tools for effective leadership & management
- Personal Action Planning
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.