Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Attend this three-day intensive training course and equip yourself with a clear understanding of:
- Portfolio construction and asset allocation
- The styles of fund management and investment analysis
- Equity investment styles including ‘impact’ investing and green portfolios
- Portfolio structures - Pension funds to HNWIs
- The investment products and their associated risks
- Risk controls and benchmarking
- Investment performance measurement and attribution analysis
- The big swing from ‘Active’ fund management to ‘Passive’ fund management
How You Will Learn
Case studies illustrate the theory. They include:
Correlation impact on a portfolio; Performance comparisons of the major asset classes; A look at Board & Management responsibilities; Overview of an investment fund and its philosophy; Comparing Bond Performance and risk; Prioritising economic indicators for the current market; Evaluating a quoted company from a balance sheet report; Yield curve shifts on a bond portfolio; Risk adjusted performance analytics
- The Basics of Portfolio Theory
- Understanding Investor Investment Objectives
- Overview of Asset Classes
- Fund Management – the Administration of a Fund
- Examining the Types of Investment Fund
- Equity Investment Styles
- Bond Investment Styles
- Portfolio Construction – The Mix that Matters
- What Drives Financial Markets
- Equity Investment Analysis
- Bond Investment Analysis
- Other Types of Investment Styles
- The Process of Investment Allocation
- Evaluation of Investment Performance and Regulation
Steve is a provider of financial training on a wide variety of subjects and has the ability to link real life examples with his presentations. He has worked globally for institutions such as Bank for International Settlements, ECB, OPEC Fund, Securities and Futures Authority (Hong Kong) as well a...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.