The Consultant's Toolkit
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Harvard DCE.Full disclaimer.
Internal and external consultants alike rely on a variety of consulting tools to diagnose organizational problems, and identify and evaluate potential solutions.
In this program, you will explore these tools, and acquire essential consulting skills that prepare you to deliver more effective solutions to your clients. Through a combination of lecture, case discussion, and interactive group exercises, The Consultant’s Toolkit teaches you analytic techniques that can be used in diverse settings, including small and large companies, and for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
- Build a foundation of knowledge for success in a consulting role
- Gain an understanding of the consulting process
- Acquire essential consulting skills for contracting, collecting, analyzing, and presenting data
- Learn consultant techniques in the areas of strategy formulation, market research, operations, performance management, and project management
- Learn how to engage more effectively with those consulting for your organization
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
- Overview of the consulting industry, trends, and the role of consultants
- Strategic frameworks for the consulting process
- Problem definition
- Discovery, data collection, and data
- Recommendation and presentation
- Balanced scorecard
- Operational diagnostic tools
- Hypothesis trees
- Research methods
- Dealing with resistance
Who should attend
If you currently work with consultants or would like to understand and use consulting tools and techniques within your organization, you benefit from this program. Some familiarity with accounting is helpful for this class but is not required.