The Consultant's Toolkit
Internal and external consultants use a variety of tools to diagnose organizational problems and identify and evaluate potential solutions. These analytic techniques can be used in many settings, including small and large companies, and for-profit and nonprofit organizations. In this program, you encounter these tools through a combination of lecture, real-world examples, case discussion, and practice.
- Consultant techniques in the areas of strategy formulation, market research, operations, performance management, and project management
- How to “speak the language” with those consulting for your organization
- Overview of the consulting industry, trends, and the role of consultants
- Strategic frameworks for the consulting process
- Problem definition
- Discovery, data collection, and data
- Recommendation and presentation
- Balanced scorecard
- Operational diagnostic tools
- Hypothesis trees
- Research methods
- Dealing with resistance
Who should attend
If you currently work with consultants or would like to understand and use consulting tools and techniques within your organization, you benefit from this program. Some familiarity with accounting is helpful for this class but is not required.